MIAMI – Welcome back ♬ The Miami Marlins return home to Marlins Park for the team’s first home games of the 2020 MLB season in Miami, beginning on Friday, August 14 at 7:10 p.m. vs. the Atlanta Braves. The club today announced the pregame ceremonies for the home opener in Miami as well as new enhancements to the game experience that will take fandom to the next level and bring fans closer to the action and players.
Here is the lineup of pregame ceremonies for Friday’s home opener:
• National Anthem by Joana Martinez
• Miami’s own rising star that came to fame on NBC’s The Voice.
• Virtual Ceremonial First Pitch by South Florida frontline workers
• In appreciation of the dedication and service of these tremendous individuals during this fight against COVID-19, the Marlins will turn the ball over to South Florida’s frontline workers for a team effort on this year’s ceremonial first pitch.
• Moment of silence in honor of Tony Taylor, a member of the Hispanic Heritage Baseball Hall of Fame and Cuban Baseball Hall of Fame as well as all those in our community who have lost their lives in battling the COVID-19 pandemic
• Pregame ceremony in recognition of racial equality debuting a new centerfield banner
The Marlins are also introducing innovative content and virtual experiences that offer fans exciting opportunities to engage with Marlins Baseball as well as exclusive virtual access to Marlins Park.
The following are just a few of the initiatives fans can expect this season:
• Social interaction and virtual experiences – more information at Marlins.com/Fandom.
• BP Live powered by PrizePicks
• On select dates, Marlins fans can visit the field through this interactive live stream with cameras positioned around the field for Marlins batting practice.
• Virtual Group events will recognize members of our community and bring elements of the ballpark experience home with live look-ins of Marlins Park during warmups, insight from Marlins VIP’s, virtual fan experiences and a Marlins trivia challenge during each pre-game event. Fans can register to the following public events at Marlins.com/Events.
• South Florida Black History Celebration: Sunday, August 16 at 12 p.m.
• Frontline Heroes Appreciation: Saturday, August 29 at 5 p.m.
• Comunidad305 Celebration: Saturday, September 12 at 5 p.m.
• Youth Baseball & Softball Celebration: Saturday, September 19 at 5 p.m.
• Home Run Rewards program
• The official rewards program of the Miami Marlins rewards fans for their fandom with unforgettable experiences, game-used memorabilia, exclusive access and more.
• Learn about how to earn rewards from your couch at Marlins.com/Rewards.
• Game Ball Rewards - with fans at home, the Marlins will collect and award game balls to fans throughout the 2020 season through several programs and promotions. Fan can sign up for Home Run Rewards for a chance to win a Miami Marlins team issued game ball from the 2020 season.
• Pick-A-Player Feature - this interactive game puts Marlins fans in the manager's seat to select who they believe will have the best on-field performance in that day's game.
• Digital 50/50 Raffle presented by Miccosukee
Fans will have the chance to win while watching Marlins home game with the digital 50/50 Raffle presented by Miccosukee. Fans can purchase raffle tickets online at Marlins.com/Raffle for a chance to win 50 percent of the net proceeds. The remaining proceeds from the raffle will benefit programs of the Miami Marlins Foundation.
Unique in-ballpark partnership activations
Hit It Here and other Marlins partner activations that will reward fans for batted balls by Marlins players