Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, September 17:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
• The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 12,381.
• 2 of these 12,381 samples, which is 0.02%, were new positives.
• There were 0 new positives among Major League players and Major League staff members.
• Both positive tests were from a single Club’s Alternate Training Site.
• Among Major League players, there have been no new positives for 19 consecutive days and in 27 of the last 28 days.
• The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 127,718.
• 88 of these 127,718 samples, which is 0.07%, have been new positives.
• 56 of the 88 positives have been players and 32 have been staff members.
• 21 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.