Arlington, Texas — Baseball returns from the All-Star Break with the Texas Rangers back at Globe Life Park on Thursday, July 11 to open a six-game homestand against the Houston Astros and Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Astros are in town first for another installment of the Texas Lottery Silver Boot Series with 7:05 p.m. games on Thursday, July 11; Friday, July 12; and Saturday, July 13. The series concludes Sunday, July 14 with a 2:05 p.m. matchup.
Thursday’s contest marks Major League Baseball’s first game back from the All-Star festivities, and Globe Life Park will celebrate Opening Day Part 2 as the Rangers and Astros will be the only game that day. Opening Day Part 2 festivities will include large United States and Texas flags on the outfield prior to the game, plus a flyover by the Cavanaugh Flight Museum following the National Anthem.
Nomar Mazara’s Player Cap Theme Night arrives on Thursday. Outfielders Shin-Soo Choo, Nomar Mazara, and Joey Gallo worked with artists from the DFW Metroplex to design special Rangers caps reflecting their individual styles and cultures. Mazara’s cap is the second to be distributed this season and will be available exclusively with the Theme Night ticket for Tuesday’s game purchased through texasrangers.com/themenights.
Gallo’s cap will arrive on August 21 and will be available with Theme Night tickets for that game purchased through the texasrangers.com/themenights link. Choo’s cap debuted earlier this month to kick off the series.
On Friday, the Rangers will host a Space Theme Night to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 spaceflight that landed the first two humans on the Moon, Commander Neil Armstrong and lunar module pilot Buzz Aldrin, on July 20, 1969.
Theme Night tickets for Friday’s game purchased through texasrangers.com/themenights are eligible to receive a custom Joey GALiLeO- Moon Shot bobblehead. Anousheh Ansari, CEO of the XPRIZE Foundation, will be on hand to throw out a first pitch for the occasion. In 2006, she captured international headlines by embarking on an 11-day space expedition, becoming the first female private space explorer and fourth private explorer to visit space
On Saturday, the first 15,000 fans will receive a Medical City Healthcare “The ’96 Clinch” Juan Gonzalez Bobblehead commemorating the American League MVP on the first team in franchise history to advance to the playoffs.
The homestand wraps up with a two-game series against the Diamondbacks on Tuesday, July 16, and Wednesday, July 17. Game time is 7:05 p.m. both nights.
Dallas Stars Theme Night returns on Wednesday, as fans who purchase tickets through texasrangers.com/themenights are eligible to receive a co-branded Dallas Stars/Texas Rangers cap. Stars goalie Ben Bishop and newly signed winger Corey Perry are expected to be at the ballpark and participate in pre-game ceremonies.
Wednesday is a Texas Chili Company Dollar Hot Dog Night and a Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday. Autographs will be for fans 13 and younger.
Tickets can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Thursday, July 11 vs. Houston Astros – 7:05 p.m. – ESPN
- Opening Day Part 2
- USSSA pre-game parade
- Giant U.S. and Texas Flags in the Outfield
- Texas, Our Texas performed by Joel Lagrone
- National Anthem performed by Shane Smith and the Saints
- Flyover by Cavanaugh Flight Museum
- Nomar Mazara Player Cap Theme Night
- Globe Life Park 100 Game Countdown by former Rangers pitcher Pat Mahomes
Friday, July 12 vs. Houston Astros – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW
- Space Theme Night (Joey GALiLeO- Moon Shot bobblehead)
- First pitch by Anousheh Ansari, CEO of the XPRIZE Foundation & first female private space explorer
- National Anthem & God Bless America performed by Monica Saldivar
- Globe Life Park 100 Game Countdown by Rangers season ticket holders Tab and Bonnie Beall
- T-Mobile Friday Fireworks set to a Rocket Them
Saturday, July 13 vs. Houston Astros – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW
- Medical City Healthcare “The ’96 Clinch” Juan Gonzalez Bobblehead (first 15,000)
- Jackie Robinson Fellows pre-game ceremony
- Joey Gallo Academy Athlete of the Month for June and July
- New Era Alumni Alley – OF Gary Matthews Jr., 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- National Anthem & God Bless America performed by The Powell Brothers
- Globe Life Park 100 Game Countdown by former Rangers outfielder Gary Matthews Jr.
Sunday, July 14 vs. Houston Astros – 2:05 p.m. – FSSW Gates Open at 12:30 p.m.
- RBI Day pre-game parade
- RBI Scholarship Presentation
- Rangers Youth Academy RBI League Wood Bat Tournament Champion pre-game presentations
- National Anthem performed by Randy Carrol
- God Bless America performed by Mario Flores
- Globe Life Park 100 Game Countdown by Jamie Adams of Jamie Adams Real Estate
Tuesday, July 16 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW
- New Era Alumni Alley – LF Rusty Greer, 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- National Anthem performed by a member of the Hello, Dolly! cast from Dallas Summer Musicals
- Globe Life Park 100 Game Countdown by former Rangers outfielder Rusty Greer
Wednesday, July 17 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW
- Texas Chili Company Dollar Hot Dog Night
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday (fans 13 and younger)
- Dallas Stars Theme Night
- First pitch by Dallas Stars goalie Ben Bishop and winger Corey Perry
- National Anthem performed by Celena Rae
- Globe Life Park 100 Game Countdown by former Rangers pitcher Darren Oliver