On Friday, August 19, the Phillies kick off a four-game series against the New York Mets at Citizens Bank Park, which will also feature a day-night doubleheader on Saturday, August 20. Here’s a look at the promotions and fun surrounding the games, as well as other know-before-you-go information.
1. Enjoy the I Love the 90s Postgame Concert presented by Jim Beam, featuring Vanilla Ice, Tone Loc, Rob Base and DJ Jazzy Jeff following Friday’s 7:05 p.m. game.
- Your game ticket is your concert ticket – no additional purchase is required.
- Fans can enhance their experience by purchasing a field pass to enjoy the concert from the infield. Learn more at phillies.com/i-love-the-90s-postgame-concert.
- I Love the 90s merchandise will be available for sale at the First Base Plaza.
- Also, pregame at Pass and Stow, there will be a 360 photo booth, courtesy of Jim Beam. In addition, fans 21 and over will be able to sample Jim Beam ready-to-drink cocktails (while supplies last).
- In addition, the Phillies and KultureCity will be debuting a new mobile sensory activation vehicle experience at the First Base Plaza – the first of its kind at a major league sporting event – for fans with sensory processing needs. Details at phillies.com.
2. The Phillies are celebrating area educators during the 22nd annual Teacher Appreciation Day powered by Constellation on Saturday, August 20, during the 1:05 p.m. game.
- The Phillies top 10 All-Star Teachers from 2022, selected from hundreds of nominations, will be honored on-field pregame.
- Also, enjoy the Saturday Block Party presented by Budweiser at the Budweiser Batter’s Eye Bar behind Section 148, featuring entertainment from DJ HBK.
3. All fans will receive a Sustainable Phillies Cap Presented by PGW at Saturday’s 7:15 p.m. game. Plus, the game will be broadcast nationally on FOX.
4. The series concludes with a 1:35 p.m. game on Sunday, August 21. Children 14 and under will receive a Richman’s Ice Cream Phillie Phanatic Pop! Vinyl.
- Longtime Action News anchor Jim Gardner and Richman’s Ice Cream’s Mia Finocchiaro will throw ceremonial first pitches prior to the start of the game.
5. Sign up now for Kyle Gibson and Zach Eflin’s ‘Swinging for Impact’ Topgolf charity event in Mount Laurel, NJ, on Sunday after the game. Event starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Come enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime Topgolf experience to compete alongside Kyle Gibson and Zach Eflin, along with teammates Brad Hand, Bryce Harper, Rhys Hoskins, Corey Knebel, David Robertson, Kyle Schwarber and Matt Vierling, as well as interim manager Rob Thomson.
- Proceeds from the event will benefit Kisses for Kyle, which supports families in the Delaware Valley whose children are battling cancer, and Help One Now.
- For more information and to sign up, visit www.bigleagueimpact.org/philliestopgolf.
6. Bid on My Favorite Things Online Auction presented by the Phillies Wives!
- The Phillies Wives have put together 20 personalized gift bags, featuring the favorite items of Phillies players! Each basket includes signed memorabilia and the favorite items of Phillies stars Bryce Harper, Bryson Stott, Nick Castellanos, J.T. Realmuto and more. Bid online here until noon on Monday, August 29.
- The auction proceeds benefit Potter’s House Mission, which provides transitional housing for homeless women with children and social services to the community at large in West and Southwest Philadelphia.
Other need-to-know information:
- Broadcast: The game on 8/19 will be broadcast on NBC10. The 1:05 p.m. game on 8/20 and the game on 8/21 will be broadcast on NBCSP and available via live stream for authenticated subscribers on NBC Sports Philadelphia’s MyTeams app. The 7:15 p.m. game on 8/20 will be broadcast on FOX. All games will be broadcast on WTTM 1680. The games on 8/19 and 8/20 will be broadcast on 94 WIP. The game on 8/21 will be broadcast on 1210 WPHT.
- To Expedite Entry: Guests are prohibited from bringing bags, including backpacks, into the ballpark. Only clutch purses (12” x 12” x 1”), fanny packs, medical bags, clear or solid tote bags and diaper bags will be permitted into Citizens Bank Park.
- Access Tickets & More: Use the free MLB Ballpark app as your guide to Citizens Bank Park to access tickets, forward to friends, use the interactive concourse maps and enjoy games.
- Parking Lots: Parking for Phillies games is cashless. Methods of payment include credit/debit cards and mobile payment (Apple Pay and Google Pay). To expedite entry, pre-paid parking passes may also be purchased prior to the game. Tailgating lots (M, N & O) will open 5 hours prior to first pitch and non-tailgating lots will open 3 hours prior.
- Gate Openings: All gates open 90 minutes before game time. For the 7:15 p.m. game on 8/20, gates will open 60 minutes before game time.
- Stay Informed! Follow @PhilliesCBP on Twitter and like the official Citizens Bank Park Facebook page.
- Safety Guidelines: In accordance with the City’s safety guidelines, fans are strongly encouraged to wear masks in indoor spaces at the ballpark including the Diamond Club, retail stores, elevators and restrooms. Fans are reminded to bring their own mask if they will be at one of the previously mentioned areas at Citizens Bank Park.