On Friday, August 26, the Phillies will begin a three-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Citizens Bank Park. Here’s a look at the promotions and fun surrounding the games, as well as other know-before-you-go information.
1. Prior to the 7:05 p.m. game on Friday, the Phillies are hosting the PCADV for the seventh annual Domestic Violence Awareness Night, highlighting the cause #Every1KnowsSome1.
- The Phillies are teaming up with the PCADV and the Pirates to bring attention to this year’s campaign theme, #Every1KnowsSome1, which strives to highlight how common domestic violence is and that it is more than physical violence.
- Local domestic violence (DV) organizations will have information available at the gates. SAFE Berks, Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County, and Women Against Abuse will be at the First Base Gate and Domestic Violence Center of Chester County, Women in Transition, and Lutheran Settlement House will be at the Third Base Gate.
- As part of the pregame activities, members of PCADV and local DV organizations will be recognized on-field alongside Phillies interim manager Rob Thomson and Pirates manager Derek Shelton.
- Awareness will also be made on how to find help 24/7, either by contacting a local DV program by visiting PCADV.org or calling the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).
- Proceeds from the night’s Phillies Charities, Inc. 50/50 drawing will also benefit the cause.
2. Plus, enjoy Margaritaville Night at Friday’s game.
- The first 2,000 fans to purchase a special theme night ticket will receive an exclusive Phillies Margaritaville Night bucket hat. To purchase a theme night ticket, click here.
- Also, enjoy a pregame musical performance by Jimmy and the Parrots behind Section 148.
- The Phillies Wives have put together 19 personalized gift baskets, featuring signed memorabilia and the favorite items of Phillies players including Bryce Harper, Bryson Stott, Nick Castellanos, J.T. Realmuto and more. Bid online here until noon on Monday, August 29. Proceeds benefit Potter’s House Mission, which provides transitional housing for homeless women with children and social services to the community at large in West and Southwest Philadelphia.
- Enjoy the Budweiser Block Party presented by Golden Road at the Budweiser Batter’s Eye bar behind Section 148, featuring entertainment from DJ HBK.
4. J.T. Realmuto Back-to-School Cooler Bag presented by Fante’s Plumbing, Heating & Air giveaway for children 14 and under at Sunday’s 1:35 p.m. game.
- Prior to the game, fans are invited to stop by Pass and Stow (adjacent to the Third Base Plaza)to watch a live WBCB Radio broadcast with Phillies’ 1993 National League Champion Tommy Greene and Director of Fun and Games John Brazer.
Other need-to-know information:
- Broadcast: The game on 8/27 will be broadcast on NBC10. The games on 8/28 and 8/29 will be broadcast on NBCSP and available via live stream for authenticated subscribers on NBC Sports Philadelphia’s MyTeams app. The games on 8/27 and 8/29 will be broadcast on 94 WIP. The game on 8/28 will be broadcast on WPHT. All games will broadcast on WTTM 1680.
- To Expedite Entry: Guests are prohibited from bringing bags, including backpacks, into the ballpark. Only clutch purses (12”x 12” x 1”), fanny packs, medical bags, clear or solid tote bags and diaper bags will be permitted into Citizens Bank Park.
- Access Tickets & More: Use the free MLB Ballpark app as your guide to Citizens Bank Park to access tickets, forward to friends, use the interactive concourse maps and enjoy games.
- Parking Lots: Parking for Phillies games is cashless. Methods of payment include credit/debit cards and mobile payment (Apple Pay and Google Pay). To expedite entry, pre-paid parking passes may also be purchased prior to the game. Tailgating lots (M, N & O) will open 5 hours prior to first pitch and non-tailgating lots will open 3 hours prior.
- Gate Openings: All gates open 90 minutes before game time.
- Stay Informed! Follow @PhilliesCBP on Twitter and like the official Citizens Bank Park Facebook page.
- Safety Guidelines: In accordance with the City’s safety guidelines, fans are strongly encouraged to wear masks in indoor spaces at the ballpark including the Diamond Club, retail stores, elevators and restrooms. Fans are reminded to bring their own mask if they will be at one of the previously mentioned areas at Citizens Bank Park.