KANSAS CITY, MO (June 18, 2019) – The Kansas City Royals will return for a weekend homestand against the Minnesota Twins. Fans can still purchase two great Theme Tickets, including to the brand-new Stranger Things Night (June 20) and Kansas State Day (June 22). Giveaways will include a Royals-themed Hawaiian
KANSAS CITY, MO (June 18, 2019) – The Kansas City Royals will return for a weekend homestand against the Minnesota Twins. Fans can still purchase two great Theme Tickets, including to the brand-new Stranger Things Night (June 20) and Kansas State Day (June 22). Giveaways will include a Royals-themed Hawaiian shirt (June 22) and Kansas City Monarchs short bill cap (June 23). Please see below for more details.
Thursday, June 20 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Stranger Things Night – For the first time ever, the Royals will celebrate Stranger Things Night in honor of the premiere of the third season of the popular Netflix series. Fans who purchase the Stranger Things Night Theme Ticket will receive a Stranger Things and 1985 World Series-branded mini backpack. Fans will enjoy 80’s music during the game and are encouraged to dress as their favorite characters. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit royals.com/themetickets.
Friday, June 21 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Viva Los Reales – Join the Royals for the annual Viva Los Reales celebration. The pregame party begins at 5:30 p.m. in the Outfield Experience. Fans can enjoy live themed music at the Outfield Experience Stage while they sample chips and salsa for our annual Salsa Showdown. Several local restaurants will be on-hand for fans to sample free chips and salsa in the Outfield Experience and then vote on their favorite from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30p.m. The winning restaurant will then be announced on CrownVision. In honor of the day, the Royals will wear their special Los Reales uniforms. For more information, please visit www.royals.com/viva.
- Buck Night – Fans can get $1 hot dogs and peanuts, as well as $3 Pepsi products, courtesy of Heinz and Price Chopper.
- Summer Fireworks – The spectacular fireworks show returns, presented by Popsicle and Price Chopper, after the game.
Saturday, June 22 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
- Hawaiian Shirt – The first 10,000 fans will get a special Royals-themed Hawaiian shirt (photo attached), courtesy of Minit Mart.
- K-State Day – Supporters of Kansas State University can join fellow Wildcats for a day of big-league action presented by FOX Sports Kansas City. Fans can visit www.royals.com/kstate for details and to purchase Theme Tickets. Purchasers must enter at Gate A with their K-State Day Theme Ticket and will receive a limited-edition KC bucket hat featuring the Powercat logo (photo attached). Gates open at 11:30 a.m. To reserve a group of 20 or more tickets, call (816) 504-4174.
- 610 Saturday – The Royals have again teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for 610 Saturdays featuring live pregame broadcasts with 610 Sports Royals Insider Cody Tapp and special guests from the studio at Gate A in Left Field. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Food Special – Stadium Dog – for just $6.10 in Rivals Sports Bar from the time gates open until the first pitch. Follow 610 Sports Radio on Facebook for the coupon code to purchase special 610 discounted View Level tickets. For more information, visit www.royals.com/610Saturday.
Sunday, June 23 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
- Salute to the Negro Leagues presented by Metropolitan Community College – The Royals and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum pay tribute to Kansas City’s rich baseball tradition with this annual salute. On the field, both teams will wear Negro Leagues inspired uniforms that fans can bid on after the game at www.royals.com/NLBM or www.mlb.com/auction. Kansas City will wear the well-known 1942 Monarchs uniform, which is a white and red uniform with navy trim and the iconic heart KC patch on the sleeve. The Minnesota Twins will wear throwback 1908 navy St. Paul Gophers uniforms. Most of the game-worn uniforms and helmets will be available for auction online, and game-worn hats and the bases used for the game will be available by silent auction on the day of the event at the Royals Authentics Store. Proceeds from the uniform, hat and helmet auctions will be donated to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. A special autograph session will take place in the Royals Hall of Fame from noon to 1 p.m. featuring several former Negro Leagues players, free for all fans. Also, all fans are encouraged to come “Dressed to the Nines,” wearing fashionable clothes that fit the time period to capture the spirit and atmosphere of what it was like for fans to cheer on their Monarchs by wearing their Sunday best.
- Short Bill Baseball Cap – In conjunction with Salute to the Negro Leagues Day, the first 10,000 fans can get a Kansas City Monarchs Short Bill Baseball Cap (photo attached), courtesy of Metropolitan Community College.
- Family FunDay Sunday – Sunday home games feature free pregame entertainment for kids, with this Sunday featuring face painters and a baseball living statue in the Outfield Experience. All Day Play passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience can be purchased for $10. Fans also can get pregame autographs from select players by the Royals dugout from 11:45 a.m. to 12:05 p.m. Starting at 12:15 p.m., fans can also get autographs from Royals alumni in the Royals Hall of Fame. Following the game, kids 14 and under run the bases for free. For more information, visit www.royals.com/sunday.