The Kansas City Royals will host the Seattle Mariners (August 3-6) and St. Louis Cardinals (August 7-8). Please see below for details on scheduled community outreach efforts.Thursday, August 3 -- Seattle Mariners vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.• 50/50 Raffle presented by Edelman & Thompson -- A portion of the proceeds from
The Kansas City Royals will host the Seattle Mariners (August 3-6) and St. Louis Cardinals (August 7-8). Please see below for details on scheduled community outreach efforts.
Thursday, August 3 -- Seattle Mariners vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
• 50/50 Raffle presented by Edelman & Thompson -- A portion of the proceeds from the nightly Royals Charities fundraiser will benefit the Sprint Foundation's 1Million Project. The 1Million Project is a five-year program connecting a million low-income high school students who don't have internet access at home. The initiative aims to help level the playing field for students and eliminate the "homework gap". For more information, visit www.royals.com/5050.
• Kansas RBI Night -- The Royals will host participants from the Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) of Kansas for a special night at Kauffman Stadium. The kids will receive complimentary tickets and food while taking in the game. Royals Charities will also award a grant for $30,000 during a pregame presentation to Kansas RBI.
• Library Night -- Six metropolitan library systems are teaming up to bring the library to The K! The evening will include displays from area libraries and recognition in the Buck O'Neil Legacy Seat. A portion of every ticket purchased will go toward the library systems' summer learning program, which provides young people the opportunity to build reading skills over the summer and earn books and other prizes. The Royals have teamed up with area libraries to encourage reading year-round as well.
• Hosmer Hosts Big Brothers, Big Sisters -- Eric Hosmer will host 30 participants from the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City program. The first baseman is scheduled to meet the group at approximately 5:10 p.m. in the Royals Interview Room.
• MLB Fights ALS -- The Royals join Major League Baseball to support the ALS Association's Home Health Initiative, honoring Pete Frates, which provides in-home care to individuals and families affected by ALS. Jeremy Holeman, a 40-year old Veteran from Buckner, Mo., who is diagnosed with ALS, will throw out an honorary first pitch prior to the game. As part of the initiative, donors who make a gift of $50 or more to the cause today will be entered to win two tickets to a 2017 World Series game. To find out more, please visit mlb.com/forpetessake.
Friday, August 4 -- Seattle Mariners vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
• Breaking Barriers First Pitch Ceremony -- The Breaking Barriers essay contest is a chance for students in grades 4 through 9 from diverse backgrounds to share their personal stories and show how they use Jackie Robinson's values to face their own barriers. Demi Reichers, a 6th grade student from Platte City Middle School, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Demi's essay highlighted determination, one of Jackie Robinson's core values, and was chosen as the "all-star" winner from more than 11,000 essays nationwide.
Saturday, August 5 -- Seattle Mariners vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
• Back to School Fair -- Community Services League will hold its annual Back to School Fair to provide a complete set of school supplies to more than 3,000 kids in need. The fair takes place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at CSL, located at 404 North Noland Rd., Independence, MO 64050. Royals Charities provided a grant to support the fair and will donate Raised Royal books to the kids receiving school supplies.
• Kennedys Host Charity Groups -- Pitcher Ian Kennedy and his wife, Allison, host a different community group in a fully-catered Dugout Suite during each Saturday home game. This game, the Kennedys will host TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program For Survivors). Their guests will watch batting practice from the suite and visit with Kennedy prior to the game. The Kennedys also will give each guest a special Royals gift.
Sunday, August 6 -- Seattle Mariners vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m. •Royals Charities Check Presentation -- Royals Charities will present a check to ArtsKC in conjunction with Arts Day at The K.
Monday, August 7 -- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
Tuesday, August 8 -- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.