The Kansas City Royals will return home tonight to host the Cleveland Indians (August 24-26), then the Detroit Tigers (August 28-29) and Baltimore Orioles (August 31-September 2). Friday, August 24 -- Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
• KCP&L VIP Kids -- The Royals and KCP&L will host foster care children
The Kansas City Royals will return home tonight to host the Cleveland Indians (August 24-26), then the Detroit Tigers (August 28-29) and Baltimore Orioles (August 31-September 2).
Friday, August 24 -- Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
• KCP&L VIP Kids -- The Royals and KCP&L will host foster care children and their families to select games throughout the season. Each child from FosterAdopt Connect will receive complimentary tickets, a special t-shirt and a free meal courtesy of ARAMARK and Papa John's Pizza. The special guests will also participate in a meet-and-greet with a Royals player in the Royals Interview Room at approximately 5:15 p.m.
Saturday, August 25 -- Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
• Kennedys to host Group from Tragedy Assistance Program For Survivors (TAPS) -- Each Saturday, pitcher Ian Kennedy and his wife, Allison, host a group from the Kansas City area in a fully-catered Dugout Suite. This day, guests from TAPS will meet Kennedy prior to the game and receive a special gift from the family.
• Stars of the Classroom - Throughout the season, the Royals join Missouri Lottery to honor outstanding educators through the Missouri Lottery Stars of the Classroom recognition program. Prior to the game, Christa Bray, a special education teacher at Raytown Central Middle School, will be recognized for the positive impact she has made on her students. The Royals and the Missouri Lottery have honored teachers through the program since 2011.
Sunday, August 26 -- Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
• Umps Care -- The Royals partner with Major League Baseball umpires to offer memorable baseball experiences for children awaiting adoption and at-risk youth in mentoring programs. The children receive a VIP experience, including complimentary tickets, a baseball goody bag and the unique opportunity to step onto the field for a souvenir baseball and photo.
Monday, August 27 -- Off Day
Tuesday, August 28 -- Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
• Dream Factory -- Throughout the season, the Royals grant the wishes of Dream Factory children. These youngsters, who face life-altering challenges, will meet Royals players, watch batting practice from the dugout and enjoy the game and refreshments. Their Royals experience appears on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10 p.m. newscast.
Wednesday, August 29 -- Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
Thursday, August 30 -- Off Day
• Queens of the Diamond -- The Kansas City MLB Urban Youth Academy will hold its inaugural fundraising event, Queens of the Diamond, from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The event, which is chaired by Alex and Jamie Gordon, will feature 24 teams of Kansas City's women leaders competing in a softball tournament while networking, team-building and learning more about the KCUYA mission. All funds raised will benefit girls programming at the Academy. For more information, visit www.mlb.com/urbanyouthacademy.
Friday, August 31 -- Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
• Royals Charities Check Presentation -- Royals corporate partner Overhead Door Company of Kansas City will present a check for $25,000 to Royals Charities and Operations Breakthrough during pregame ceremonies.
Saturday, September 1 -- Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
• Childhood Cancer Awareness Night -- The Royals and Royals Charities team up with Major League Baseball and three local pediatric cancer charities to honor survivors and raise awareness for pediatric cancer. Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, Noah's Bandage Project and Braden's Hope for Childhood Cancer will all be at The K to share information and accept donations. Proceeds from the Royals Charities 50/50 Raffle will support pediatric cancer awareness initiatives. The new 2018-2019 Braden's Hope Calendar featuring Royals players will be available for purchase in the Royals Charities Headquarters. Noah's Bandage Project will be collecting fun and colorful bandages at the Headquarters and Guest Services on the Plaza Level. And Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation will be selling lemonade for donations to their organization. All organizations will be represented inside Gate A - Left Field across from the Royals Hall of Fame.
• Kennedys to host Group from Veterans Community Project KC in Dugout Suite
Sunday, September 2 -- Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.