What is the age cut-off date?
To determine your team's age in Spring-Summer seasons: Determine the age of your OLDEST player as of May 1 of the current calendar year.
To determine your team's age in Fall-Winter seasons: Determine the age of your oldest player as of May 1 of the next calendar year.
- Is proof of age required?
Coaches must hold players' birth certificates in case of protest. In the absence of a birth certificate due to protest, the player in question will be removed from the game and the tournament until proper documentation is presented.
- Do the birth certificates need to be originals or copies?
Both are acceptable.
- When will the tournament schedule be available?
The schedules will be e-mailed to the person who registered the team for the tournament when the schedule is finalized (Usually one (1) week prior to the tournament). Schedules are subject to change.
- Is there a dress code for the coaches?
Coaches are not required to wear a uniform or polo during the games, but are expected to be dressed appropriately.
- Do we need to bring baseballs?
Teams must provide all game baseballs (Rawlings, Diamond, or other acceptable brand). We estimate two new baseballs per game. Please make sure foul balls are returned to the playing field immediately.
- Does the time limit apply if we are the last game of the day?
Yes. We must treat each game fairly. Early games may have ended due to the time limit so that later games could be played on time. It would be unfair to allow the last game of the day to play beyond the time limit if earlier games were restricted by time.
- What if our team withdraws from the tournament?
In the event a team enters and pays the entry fee for any Texas Rangers Youth Ballpark and then chooses to withdraw, with or without notification:
- If the team withdraws more than 7 days in advance of the event and notifies the Tournament Director, a full refund, less a $100.00 administration fee shall be refunded
- If the team withdraws less than 7 days in advance of the event, the team will not receive a refund
- If a team does not show up for an event or scheduled game, the team is disqualified from the tournament and no refund shall be given under any circumstances
- Are the tournaments sanctioned?
No, all our tournaments are open to any team that falls under the necessary age requirements.
- What is the rain out policy?
Full refund if no games have begun; half will be refunded if one game is started; no refunds once second game begins.
- How many players can be on a roster?
Maximum 13 players per team. A player can't play for multiple teams during one (1) tournament session.
- What are the outfield dimensions?
- Left Field 163' (20 foot wall, player would need to hit the ball 210' to get over the wall).
- Left Center 234'
- Center 235'
- Right Center 211'
- Right Field 202'
- What are the distances for bases and the mound?
|COACH PITCH (6U, 7U, & 8U)||60 Feet||40 Feet|
|Age 9||65 Feet||44 Feet|
|AGE 10||65 Feet||46 Feet|
|AGE 11||70 Feet||50 Feet|
|AGE 12||70 Feet||50 Feet|
- *Are coolers allowed in the dugouts?
*Coolers are not allowed in the dugouts. However teams can purchase drinks from our full service concession stand.
- *What age is required to use wooden bats?
*The 12 & Under Wooden Bat tournament is the only tournament where wooden bats are required.
- *What awards are given out?
*Awards vary from tournament to tournament. Only the 1st and 2nd place teams qualify for awards.
- *Where is the Texas Rangers Youth Ballpark located?
*The Texas Rangers Youth Ballpark is located on the north side of Globe Life Park in Arlington. The physical address is:1201 Nolan Ryan ExpresswayArlington, TX 76011