ARLINGTON -- Catcher A.J. Pierzynski has been selected as the 2013 winner of the Harold McKinney Good Guy Award by members of the local chapter of the Baseball Writers' Association of America. He will be honored at the Rangers Awards Dinner on Friday, Jan. 24, in Grapevine, Texas.
The dinner will be followed by the 2014 Texas Rangers FanFest, which will be held at the Ballpark in Arlington from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT on Saturday, Jan. 25. Tickets for the event, which is part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Ballpark in Arlington, are on sale at texasrangers.com/fanfest.
FanFest will feature:
• Autograph sessions with current Texas Rangers players and coaches, with individuals signing in the Capital One Club, Captain Morgan Club, Batters Eye Club, and Texas Rangers Hall of Fame (3rd floor).
• Interactive question & answer sessions with Rangers executives, players and announcers in the Rangers Hall of Fame (1st floor).
• On-field events to include running the bases, bullpen toss and catching popups (weather permitting).
• Pitching, hitting and fielding clinics conducted by Rangers coaches and alumni.
• Free tours of the Rangers clubhouse and dugout.
• Free play in the Rangers Kids Zone.
• Photo stage with current and former Rangers players.
• Rangers Baseball Foundation Sale.
• Food and beverages on sale at The Short Stop Grill, Captain Morgan Club and other Ballpark concession stands.
• Merchandise on sale at Ballpark Gift Shop locations.
Admission to the 2014 Texas Rangers Fan Fest Presented by AT&T is $10 for adults, $8 for season ticket holders, and $5 for children 13 and under. Parking at the Ballpark is free for the event.
For more information, visit texasrangers.com/fanfest.