The Texas Rangers and two of their Minor League affiliates -- Triple-A Round Rock and Double-A Frisco -- will no longer be requiring face coverings at home games during the 2021 season.
On Thursday afternoon, Major League Baseball provided its clubs with updated health and safety policies related to fan attendance, allowing clubs to defer to local authorities regarding health and safety policies at their respective parks.
The organization said that masks are still recommended for all fans except when eating or drinking.
The US Center for Disease Control (CDC) announced on Thursday that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks indoors or outdoors, regardless of how large the gathering. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott eliminated the state-wide mask mandate on March 2.
The Rangers were the first MLB club to allow maximum attendance at their home ballpark at the start of the 2021 season.
The Rangers’ updated health and safety protocols are:
• Masks are recommended for all fans except when actively eating or drinking at their ticketed seats. That includes all concourse areas and when entering Globe Life Field.
• Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the ballpark.
• Globe Life Field is cashless, as it was for 2020 events. All tickets will be digital and only credit cards are accepted at concession stands and retail locations.
• Safe distancing is enforced in concession lines and retail locations.
• No bags are permitted except for those that are carried for medical reasons or manufactured diaper bags that accompany infants and young children. Single compartment purses and wallets smaller than 5” x 9” are also allowed.
The Round Rock Express will continue to provide socially distant, pod-style seating in the left field Home Run Porch (Sections 206-209) and Sections 110 and 111 for fans who wish to remain socially distanced. The RoughRiders will have enhanced socially distanced seating in sections 104 and 105.
Single-game tickets through the end of the Major League season can be purchased at mlb.com/rangers/tickets.