Here's MLB Pipeline's roundup of the top prospect performances in the Minor Leagues on Sunday.
:: Complete prospect coverage ::
It sure didn't take Eloy Jimenez long to make his presence felt at the Triple-A level.
Jimenez, the White Sox No. 1 prospect, put Charlotte on the board with his first Triple-A homer before driving home the go-ahead run with a single in the eighth inning and finishing 2-for-4 with two RBIs in the Knights' 5-4 win over Toledo.
Jimenez hit his homer, a first-inning solo shot, in his fourth game with the Knights. He had gone 2-for-9 with three walks at the plate over his previous three contests after being promoted from Double-A Birmingham on Thursday.
MLB Pipeline's No. 4 overall prospect, Jimenez earned a promotion to the Minor's highest level after slashing .317/.368/.556 -- he leads the Southern League with a .925 OPS -- with 10 homers, 15 doubles and 42 RBIs in 53 games with the Barons.
Jimenez, 21, pushed his home run total to 11 on Sunday, and he's now hitting .317/.373/.555 with 28 extra-base hits and 44 RBIs in the wake of his first multihit performance in Triple-A.
MILB Video - Title: Eloy blasts first Triple-A homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2193743283
The rest of the best performances from top prospects Sunday
• No. 38 overall prospect Jo Adell (Angels' No. 1) stayed red-hot with a 3-for-5 performance that included his fourth home run in nine games and ninth homer in 22 games since being promoted to Class A Advanced Inland Empire. The 19-year-old outfielder is hitting .323/.375/.615 with 15 homers, 15 RBIs and 11 steals over 54 games in his first full season, thanks in part to a .452 clip (19-for-42) over his past 10 contests.
• No. 67 overall prospect Beau Burrows (Tigers' No. 4) piled up a career-high 11 strikeouts over six innings to lead Double-A Erie past Altoona, 9-4. The 21-year-old righty allowed two earned runs and as many hits as walks (four) in the outing, throwing 66 of his 106 pitches for strikes. Before Sunday's performance, Burrows had fanned 14 batters over his previous four starts totaling 22 1/3 innings. Daz Cameron (No. 10) backed his pitcher's strong effort by connecting on a fifth-inning grand slam, his second homer in as many days. The 21-year-old outfielder has a .440 average with five extra-base hits and at least one hit in all six games since moving up to Double-A.
MILB Video - Title: Burrows picks up 11th K - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2194177983
• No. 70 overall prospect Sean Murphy (A's No. 3) tagged Padres No. 4 prospect Cal Quantrill (No. 34 overall) for a solo homer and an RBI double and finished 2-for-4 with two runs scored in Double-A Midland's 5-4 win over San Antonio. The 23-year-old backstop is having a breakout season in the Texas League, as Sunday's performance gives him a .306/.356/.534 batting line, with eight homers, 25 doubles and 42 RBIs through 59 games.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Murphy goes yard - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2194707283
• No. 98 overall prospect Brusdar Graterol (Twins' No. 6) turned in his third scoreless outing of the season, as the 19-year-old fireballer posted five innings of two-hit ball with three walks and nine strikeouts in Class A Cedar Rapids' 14-1 rout of Wisconsin. He's fanned at least nine batters in three of his eight starts this season while pitching to a 2.18 ERA, 0.94 WHIP and 51-to-9 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 41 1/3 innings. Hitters, meanwhile, have struggled at a .195 clip against him. Pacing the Kernels at the plate was Jacob Pearson (No. 23), as he went 4-for-5 with three RBIs and three runs scored while finishing a double short of the cycle. The 20-year-old outfielder is slashing .284/.330/.441 in his first full season.
MILB Video - Title: Graterol fans Harrison - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2194058283
• One day removed from his first career two-homer game, Astros 2018 first-rounder Seth Beer went deep once again in a 2-for-3 showing for Class A Short Season Tri-City. Beer's homer, an eighth-inning solo shot, was his fourth homer in nine games as a professional and comes on the heels of a three-year career at Clemson during which the 21-year-old slugger totaled 56 homers in 188 games.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Beer bashes homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2194288283
• D-backs No. 3 prospect Jazz Chisholm filled out the box score for Class A Kane County, going 2-for-4 with a homer, double and four RBIs in a 16-5 win over Clinton. He also reached twice via a walk, stole a base and scored four runs. The 20-year-old shortstop is having a strong first full season, hitting .250/.319/.482 with 11 homers, 14 doubles and seven steals over 57 games.
• Rays No. 14 prospect Brandon Lowe went 2-for-4 and homered for a fourth straight game to lead Triple-A Durham past Indianapolis, 2-1. The 23-year-old outfielder-second baseman actually has homered five times in that four-game span, thanks to a two-homer game on Saturday. Lowe has hit 13 homers in 68 games this season to surpass his previous career-high total of 11, which he produced over 114 games in 2017. He's hit .285/.386/.527 with 35 extra-base hits and 51 RBIs across two levels this season.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Lowe connects on homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2194015783
• Rays No. 21 prospect Genesis Cabrera completed eight scoreless innings, a new career high, as Double-A Montgomery blanked Birmingham, 3-0. He faced three over the minimum in the performance, allowing four hits and one walk with seven strikeouts. Cabrera threw a season-high 112 pitches, 67 for strikes. The 21-year-old lefty sports a 3.62 ERA through 15 starts, with 87 strikeouts and a .211 BAA in 82 innings.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Cabrera notches strikeout - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2194448083
• Yankees No. 24 prospect Nick Nelson was lights-out on the mound in Class A Advanced Tampa's 10-0 win over Jupiter. Tossing six innings, the 22-year-old righty permitted three hits, did not issue a walk and struck out eight, throwing 55 of his 80 pitches for strikes. The 22-year-old righty has pitched to a 3.67 ERA in 41 2/3 innings with the Tarpons after posting a 3.65 ERA with 35 strikeouts over 24 2/3 frames with Class A Charleston.