Spring Showcase Exhibition Game - Tuesday, April 3 - Reds vs. Futures, 7:10 p.m. (Gates open at 5 p.m.)
Get a taste of Spring Training in Cincinnati and see your favorite Reds stars up close and personal before the Opening Day crowd! In this special exhibition game, Reds fans will have the chance to see their favorite Reds of today match up against the future Reds stars of tomorrow. The pregame activities during batting practice will include live mics on Reds coaches and players as well as broadcasters conducting interviews. Futures players will sign autographs for fans from 6 to 6:30 p.m. All tickets to the Spring Showcase are discounted and start at $5. Also, players from 50 area high schools who participated in the Reds High School Showcase will take the field during pre-game festivities. Parking for the Spring Showcase game is $8 in The Banks Garage, which is now fully open.
New in the Fan Zone
- Fan Zone Field - Kids 14 and younger can play like the pros with WIFFLE® balls and bats on the new field located in the Fan Zone. This cushioned synthetic field will allow kids to bat, throw and run the bases as they challenge themselves to hit one over the brick outfield wall. It is a major league attraction scaled to provide child-sized fun located in the heart of the Fan Zone near concessions, the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum and Reds Team Shop.
- Reds Heads Clubhouse presented by Bob Evans - See the new Reds Heads Clubhouse presented by Bob Evans, right behind the Fan Zone Field. Memberships to the Reds Heads Kids Club, the official kids club of the Reds, are available for $25 and include exclusive club gear and vouchers for free Reds tickets and member's only experiences.
- Video Wall presented by Sharp - A new high definition video wall featuring nine 60-inch Sharp monitors will greet fans entering the ballpark, just inside the main gates at Crosley Terrace. Measuring seven feet tall and15 feet wide, fans will see starting lineups, statistics and live game action played on the monitors mounted from the suite level.
- Highlight Zone presented by Duke Energy Retail - Down the third base line on the Terrace Level is an upgraded 20-screen HD interactive video display wall, featuring live game action plus video feeds of other sporting events. This new technology will allow fans to post photos from their hand-held devices and interact using social media feeds from Twitter and Facebook, all happening in real-time using wireless, filtered technology.
New food and concessions
- Digital Menu Boards - Over 225 digital menu boards installed in all concession stands showcasing more food choices and bundling options than ever before.
- State Fair Stand - Featuring items such as fried bologna sandwiches, fried dough, hand-dipped corn dogs, hot cakes and sausage on a stick and deep-fried pickles. Desserts include fair classics such as banana changa (half-banana topped with cinnamon-sugar, deep-fried in a flour tortilla) and monkey bites (warm bread balls with butter, sugar, cinnamon and icing).
- Food Network Hot Dog Bar - Offering a wide variety of traditional and unique toppings on a 1/5 lb. Queen City hot dog.
- Burrito Stand - Hand-rolled burritos or a burrito bowl with chicken or beef, rice, black beans and house-made salsas.
- The Machine Room Grille - New gastro pub-style menu with mac-n-cheese dishes, gourmet burgers and signature hot dogs.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
- "Big Red Machine" presented by Dinsmore & Shohl - The feature exhibit of 2012 highlights the greatest era in Reds history with "Big Red Machine" presented by Dinsmore & Shohl. This new exhibit, which opened to the public on March 31, brings the exploits of the Machine to life like never before. Featuring rare artifacts, compelling stories, striking visuals and much more, the exhibit is an unforgettable experience for fans of all ages. The exhibit will run through the end of the calendar year.
- Barry Larkin Exhibit - A new exhibit celebrating the life and career of Barry Larkin and the Cincinnati native's election to the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Featuring rare artifacts and images and exciting highlights from his historic career, the exhibit is a fitting tribute to one of the greatest players in the long and storied history of the Cincinnati Reds.
- Batting Cages - Two new baseball batting cages, presented by Beacon Orthopaedics, will be located near the Hall of Fame Rose Garden.
Weekends at GABP will be filled with fun!
- Nine fireworks nights every Friday from May 11-Aug. 24
- Saturday night themes, giveaways and bobbleheads
- Sundays are family days at the ballpark with giveaways focused on kids and ticket discounts for families
- Highlighted giveaways include:
- April 7 - 2012 Team Calendar
- April 28 - Reds Fleece Blanket
- April 29 - Team Baseball Card Set
- May 12 - Joey Votto Bobblehead
- May 13 - Jay Bruce Cereal Bowl Set
- May 26 - Scott Rolen Gold Glove Trophy Replica
- June 9 - Reds Grilling Set
- June 23 - Sean Casey Bobblehead (2012 Reds Hall of Fame inductee)
- June 24 - Joey Votto Batting Gloves
- July 18 - Jay Bruce Bobblehead
- July 22 - Mini Mascot Set
- Aug. 4 - Johnny Cueto Bobblehead
- Aug. 18 - Barry Larkin Cap Night giveaway (replica cap from Barry's 1995 MVP season)
Reds Authentics program features game-used memorabilia and autographed items from all the Reds players and coaches. Game-used and authenticated jerseys, bats, baseballs, bases, helmets and lineup cards in addition to autographed photos and baseballs will be for sale every game in the Reds Authentics booth located on the third base concourse. Some of the items for sale will come directly from that game. The items are collected in between innings from an official MLB authenticator and available at the booth later in the game. All proceeds from the sale of Reds Authentics benefit the Reds Community Fund.
New merchandise offerings at The Reds Team Shop by Majestic include big and tall apparel selections and additional Reds-branded toys and gifts for kids. A New Era kiosk has been added on the Terrace Level adjacent to the main gate featuring a wide variety of New Era Reds caps.