New at Great American Ball Park in 2014
Reds enhance ballpark experience with new amenities and features for fans of all ages
• The Reds Brewery District - The most noticeable ballpark feature new for the 2014 season is The Reds Brewery District, an 85-foot-long bar between sections 117 and 118 on the third base concourse. It will be home to 60 taps featuring 23 different craft beers plus Anheuser-Busch products Bud Light, Goose Island and Stella Artois. A dozen local craft beers will be served including selections from Christian Moerlein, MadTree, Blank Slate, 50 West, Rhinegeist, Mt. Carmel and Rivertown. New selections will be rotated in throughout the season.
• Moerlein Lager House Craft Beer concession stands - Two Moerlein Lager House craft beer concession stands are debuting, offering several of the local favorite's craft beers and 48 bottled beer selections. The Moerlein Lager House concession stands are located behind section 130 on the first base concourse and 113 on the third base concourse.
• Taste of Belgium concession stand - Fans can now get Cincinnati's own Taste of Belgium waffles at the ballpark behind section 133 on the first base concourse. Featured items include waffles with chocolate or strawberry toppings, Belgium fries and a Waffle 'n' chicken: chicken breast, Ohio maple syrup and hot sauce.
• Instant Replay - As part of a league-wide initiative to enhance fan experience and enjoyment, instant replay will be available on the main video board and monitors throughout Great American Ball Park. Fans can expect to see replays of interest at all home games, including exciting and close plays.
• Reds Connect Zone - Located on the third base concourse behind section 110, the Reds Connect Zone is a new gathering spot for fans to follow and engage in real-time social media content related to the Reds. The Reds Connect Zone offers free WiFi access, charging stations for mobile devices and will feature appearances by local and national social media influencers. This dedicated social media area features more than 25 screens of Tweets, Instagram photos, Facebook polls, Vine videos, trending topics and more. The Reds Connect Zone is presented by Miami University.
• iBeacons - In partnership with Major League Baseball, over 60 iBeacons were installed around the ballpark for the 2014 season. Apple's iBeacon technology works in tandem with MLB's At The Ballpark app for iPhones and the Bluetooth Smart protocol to improve the fan experience and increase engagement. Fans using Apple iOS7 devices can receive targeted, location-based information regarding special offers, helpful ballpark information and more. To participate, fans need Bluetooth and Location Services enabled on their device.
New Food and Beverages
• The Bacon Challenge at the Machine Room Grille - The Bacon, a new sandwich featuring a one-pound slab of bacon topped with shredded lettuce, tomato and black pepper mayo on an artisan roll, is served with chips, half of a pickle and potato salad. Fans can visit the Machine Room Grille and take The Bacon Challenge of eating four sandwiches (plus the fixin's) in one inning. Fans who complete the challenge will receive the four sandwiches for free plus an "I Conquered The Bacon Challenge" t-shirt.
• Reds & Kroger "Home Team" Bottled Water - Thanks to Kroger, 16.9 oz. bottles of purified water will be available for $4.50 at over 40 concession stands around the ballpark. Packs of 32 water bottles are for sale at local Kroger stores.
• Club Red (ages 13 to 18) - The brand-new Club Red is the official club for fans ages 13-18 and will be available at all games beginning Opening Day. Members can select a package of five or eight Reds ticket vouchers for select Club Red games to be used by members and their friends. Members can use all vouchers at one game or at multiple games throughout the season. All members will be seated together in a special Club Red section and will receive concession credits loaded on their tickets for food and Reds merchandise at the ballpark. The Club Red membership also includes vouchers for free admission to The Beach Waterpark, Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park and a free hot fudge cake at Frisch's. Membership packages start at $40 and are available at the Fan Club Booth.
• Reds Rookies Baby Fan Club (birth to three years old) - Reds Rookies, the official baby club of the Reds, is drafting members up to three years old. As a Reds Rookies member, babies receive an exclusive Reds baby baseball cap, Reds Rookie bib plus vouchers for a free Reds ticket including marching on the field in a pregame parade. Reds Rookies membership kits can be purchased for $14 at the Fan Club Booth, select Kroger stores and at www.reds.com/rookies.
• Reds Heads Kids Club (ages three to 14) - Now in its eighth year, the Reds Heads Kids Club is the official fan club for Reds fans ages 14 and younger. The new 2014 kit includes a Reds Heads backpack and jersey, a free Reds game ticket plus exclusive ballpark experiences like player autograph sessions and members-only ticket offers to captain Joey Votto figurine games and other Reds games. Membership kits can be purchased for $25 at Reds Heads Kids Clubhouse and online at www.reds.com/kidsclub.
Kroger Fan Zone
• Fans will be able to pose for photos at the new Great American Insurance Photo Booth, featuring a 14-foot replica of the Queen City Tower and life-size replicas of Reds mascots.
• April Pass - Fans can attend all 11 home games in April for only $60 with the new April Pass, presented by Yokohama Tire. For just over $5 per ticket, fans get a View Level Line seat to see the Reds take on the division-rival Cardinals, Pirates and Cubs, plus a weekend Interleague series with the Tampa Bay Rays. On sale for a limited time, the April Pass includes four fan giveaways, two fireworks nights and kicks off with Opening Night on Wed., April 2. Check out all the ticketing plans for the 2014 season at www.reds.com/tickets.
• Renovated Luxury Suites - Two new party suites, The Club Cambria Super Suite (groups of 20 to 30) and Nor-Com Technology Super Suite (groups of 30 to 45) are perfect for entertaining and available on a single game basis. During the 2013 and 2014 offseasons, all of the ballpark luxury suites received makeovers with upgraded furniture, appliances, flooring and wall graphics. Reserve a suite today at www.reds.com/tickets.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Hall of Fame Induction Class of 2014 - The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum will honor the storied careers of Ken Griffey, Jr., Dave Parker, Ron Oester and the late Jake Beckley during Hall of Fame Induction Weekend, Friday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014.
• Kings of the Queen City exhibit - 145 years of Reds baseball history is showcased in the new exhibition Kings of the Queen City, presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP. The exhibit features a dynamic graphic timeline that emphasizes the greatest moments and biggest names in Reds history and a wide range of artifacts that represent Reds history from the early days to present day.
• Hometown Reds exhibit - More than 100 native Cincinnatians are honored in the new exhibition Hometown Reds: Local Boys Who Played for the Cincinnati Reds. Hometown Reds features jerseys, game-used equipment and memorabilia dating back 145 years to 1869 when Charlie Gould became the first Cincinnatian to play for the hometown team.