National Chevrolet Play Ball Reporter Search Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: National Chevrolet Play Ball Reporter Search Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are the age of majority in their state of residence (18 years of age in most states, 19 in Nebraska and Alabama, and 21 in Mississippi) at the time of entry. Entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of a child/ward who is no younger than eight (8) and no older than fourteen (14) years of age at the time of Entrant's entry (the "Entrant"). Entrant and child or ward featured in the winning video Submission must be willing and able to, if declared a winner, travel to Washington D.C. in July 2018 to participate in Media Day during MLB® All-Star Week™. Entrant's child or ward will be given the opportunity to interview select Major League Baseball® All-Star player(s).
Employees of General Motors LLC., its promotional partners, MLB Entities (as defined in Section 16 below), HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies, ("Contest Entities") as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: General Motors LLC., 100 Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI 48265. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Floor 21, Southfield, MI 48075. The Contest is in no way sponsored, administered, executed or produced by any MLB Entity.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on May 1, 2018, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on May 31, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). MLBAM's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: Create a video of your child/ward (aged 8 - 14) that is between thirty (30) seconds to one (1) minute in length that demonstrates why he or she should be selected as a Play Ball reporter. The video should:
showcase your child/ward's personality;
demonstrate that your child/ward is knowledgeable and passionate about baseball; and
demonstrate that your child/ward is articulate and would be comfortable on-camera.
During the Contest Period, visit https://www.mlb.com/sponsorship/chevy-play-ball-reporter and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the entry form, including your name, valid email address, phone number, your child/ward's name and birthdate and upload the video.
Your completed entry form including the link to the video will herein be referred to as your submission ("Submission"). Your Submission need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor's products or services, and the absence or presence of such references will not affect judging of the Submission. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you, if it believes that it fails to conform.
The video content may be in English or Spanish; and
The video must not exceed one (1) minute in length;
Permissions: Other than Entrant's child/ward, any recognizable individuals who appear in the video must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence and at least eighteen (18) years of age and Entrant must have permission from any such recognizable individuals who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. The only minor that maybe included in the Submission are your children or wards. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
The Submission must not include music;
The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor or the MLB Entities, which Entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
The Submission must not denigrate, disparage or reflect negatively on Sponsor, MLB Entities, their owners and employees, or the game of baseball or any other person or party;
The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
The Submission must not contain pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material;
The Submission must not contain materials relating to lotteries or gambling;
The Submission must not contain tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol or drugs;
The Submission must not contain dangerous stunts;
The Submission must not contain real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles;
The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
The Submission must be relevant to the theme; and
The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each Entrant may upload one (1) Submission for each child/ward that meets the age requirements during the Contest Period, and each applicable child/ward may be featured in a maximum of one (1) entry. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor's Use of Submissions: Uploading a Submission constitutes Entrant's consent to and give to Sponsor, its designees and the MLB Entities a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor, its designees and the MLB Entities to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor and the MLB Entities in their sole discretion will select the two (2) Entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the "Potential Winners") from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
In the event of a tie, the Entrant whose Submission received the highest score for "Submission demonstrates that child has an engaging on-camera presence," as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Potential Winner from among the tied Submissions. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than two (2) winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Potential Winners will be declared the official winners of the Contest.
8. Winner Requirements: The Potential Winners will be notified by email and/or phone or around June 8, 2018. Each Potential Winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Administrator within two (2) days of the date notice or attempted notice is first sent/made, in order to claim the prize. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is refused or returned as undeliverable, Potential Winner forfeits the prize. If the background check reveals that a Potential Winner or child/ward has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of Sponsor, the MLB Entities or any of the other Released Parties, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, Sponsor may disqualify Potential Winner. If a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only two (2) alternate potential winners may be determined per prize, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
In regard to the Publicity Release, winner shall be required to grant to Sponsor, the MLB Entities and each of their designees the use of the winner and child/ward's name, city, state, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. The winner shall also waive all legal rights and the rights of his or her child or ward for the use of his or her and/or the child or ward's pictures or videos collectively or independently of each other in the Publicity Release.
As a condition of accepting the opportunity to interview select Major League Baseball® All-Star player(s) (the "Interview") and participating in such Interview, the winner and his or her child or ward may each be required to execute a complete transfer/license/release of any rights in and to the Interview and all media and other uses of the Interview, a consent under applicable privacy laws, and a waiver of and agreement never to assert any and all publicity, privacy, intellectual property, or so-called moral rights they may have or be entitled to in respect of the Interview and all media and other uses of the Interview. The winner must also agree to indemnify Sponsor, the MLB Entities, and their affiliates if his or her child or ward breaches or rescinds any of the foregoing agreements, transfers, licenses, releases, waivers or consents.
9. Prizes: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: Each winner will receive one (1) trip for winner, his/her child/ward featured in the winning video Submission and two (2) additional guests (a total of up to four (4) travelers) to Washington, DC July 15-18, 2018, to attend the 2018 MLB® All-Star Game® presented by Mastercard and opportunity for child/ward featured in the winning video Submission to participate in Media Day. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for four (4) between a major airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and Washington, DC; four (4) nights' accommodations at a hotel in Washington, DC determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (two (2) standard rooms, double occupancy); four (4) tickets for use by winner, his/her child/ward and two (2) guests for the T-Mobile Home Run Derby® on July 16, 2018 (seating and other details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); four (4) tickets for use by winner, his/her child/ward and two (2) guests for the MLB All-Star Game presented by Mastercard played at Nationals Park on July 17, 2018 (seating and other details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); $3,500 that may be used for spending money and to assist with tax liability (awarded as a check); participation for child/ward featured in the winning video Submission to interview Major League Baseball All-Star player(s) during Media Day (July 16, 2018) (child/ward must be accompanied by winner; details to be provided to winner upon winner confirmation; exact nature and duration of, the Media Day including player(s) available at, shall be determined by Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities at their sole discretion and subject to availability); and travel agent services (agent determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion and to be used for scheduling/booking travel for this trip only) (collectively, each the "prize"). Winner must travel on July 14-18, 2018, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Winners are obligated to work with Sponsor's travel agent (as part of the travel agent services awarded as part of the prize) to book trip immediately upon winner confirmation. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, meals, ground transportation, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of each individual prize winner. Unless children/wards of winner, each winner's guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Travel companions must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the applicable winner. Travel companions must execute liability, and, except where prohibited by law, publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to Washington, DC, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion and any difference in value will not be awarded. Sponsor and MLB Entities will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The prizes do not include tickets to or for any event or exhibition during the 2018 MLB All-Star Week™ other than as specifically set forth herein. Released Parties are not responsible if the T-Mobile Home Run Derby, Media Day and/or MLB All-Star Game presented by Mastercard are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. By accepting a prize, each prize winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the game/event/exhibition and travel tickets. The Released Parties are not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of game/event/exhibition. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each prize: $9,700. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winners will not receive difference between actual value and ARV. Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize (or a component thereof) for a prize of equal or greater value if the designated prize (or portion thereof) should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC (defined in Section 16 below) and/or the applicable Club (defined in Section 16 below), as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the game/event/exhibition tickets awarded as part of any prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Each prize winner and his/her guests agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any prize winner and/or his/her guests who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game, event or exhibition tickets.
Limit: One (1) prize per person.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities, Platform entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
11. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees and the MLB Entities may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the website associated with this Contest or the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor and the MLB Entities reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's or any MLB Entity's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
16. MLB Entities Definition and Disclaimer: The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM" or "MLB.com"), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. The MLB Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with this Contest or any prize awarded. The Contest is not sponsored, administered, executed or produced by any MLB Entity. The MLB Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) disclaim any implied warranty. Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.
17. All entry data provided via the online entry form is provided to MLBAM and in some cases Administrator
The Contest is a skill contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in Major League Baseball and MLB.com, the Official Site of Major League Baseball. This Contest may not be used for, or in connection with, any form of gambling.
18. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2pfbEux. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.