ILLINOIS LOTTERY VIP SUMMER SWEEPSTAKES (THE "SWEEPSTAKES")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Illinois Lottery VIP Summer Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on July 15, 2018, and ends at 4:59 p.m. CT on August 31, 2018 ("Sweepstakes Period").
2. DEPARTMENT AND SPONSOR: For purposes of these Official Rules for the Sweepstakes, "Illinois Lottery" shall mean the Illinois Department of the Lottery ("Department"), which is acting through Camelot Illinois in its capacity as private manager or its successor designated by the Department ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Department as final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes in one (1) of the following two (2) ways: online during the Sweepstakes Period or via text message during the Text Entry Period (defined below). No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per household, regardless of method of entry. Additional entries beyond the specified limit will be void.
The Sweepstakes computer, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion, is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. No entries will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor, the Department and the MLB Entities assume no responsibility for lost, mutilated, late, stolen, or misdirected entries.
Text Message Entry: Text message entry is open only on the dates of Chicago White Sox home games played in Chicago, IL during the Sweepstakes Period, beginning at the time of the official first pitch of each such game and ending at the official end time of each such game (each, a "Text Entry Period"). To enter by text message, entrants must text the word "LOTTERY" to "31826" from their mobile device during a Text Entry Period. By entering via text message, the entrant agrees to receive a text message on his or her mobile phone, confirming entry into the Sweepstakes. Text "STOP" to cancel receipt of any future texts from the MLB Entities. Text "HELP" for help with entry into the Sweepstakes. Entrants will be charged standard messaging and/or data rates for each text message sent from and received by their mobile device, according to the terms of their wireless service agreement. Sponsor, Department and the MLB Entities are not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant who provides a wireless number in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, Department and the MLB Entities will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from entrant's mobile service provider. An entrant must be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging functionality to enter via this method. Entrants should check their phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging is not available in all areas.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received online during the Sweepstakes Period and via text message during the Text Entry Period.
6. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States who at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes or claim a Prize: (a) the employees, officers, directors, partners, limited partners, shareholders, equity holders, members, officers, employees, and agents of the MLB Entities (defined below) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes; (b) any member of the Lottery Control Board ("Board"), and any officer or any other person employed by the Board or the Department; (c) owners, officers, and employees of the Sponsor; (d) officers and employees of advertising, public relations, and sales promotion agencies employed by the Department who are directly involved in the Illinois Lottery engagement; (e) officers and employees of audit firms performing services for the Department; (f) other contractors and agents of the Department; and (g) any spouse, child, or family member residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of residence of any person designated in (a) through (f). The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM" or "MLB.com"), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. The Sweepstakes are void where prohibited by law.
7. PRIZES AND THE VALUE OF THE PRIZES:
One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) tickets, one (1) for the Winner and one (1) for his or her guest, for one (1) Chicago White Sox 2018 regular season home game played on one (1) of the following dates, selected by the Chicago White Sox and subject to availability: September 22, 2018 or September 23, 2018 (seat locations at the game shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); the opportunity for Winner and his or her one (1) guest to participate in one (1) on-field pregame experience at such game to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion; the opportunity for Winner and his or her one (1) guest to visit a press box on the date of the game; the opportunity for the Winner to deliver the line-up card prior to the game; dinner for the Winner and his or her one (1) guest in the Huntington Bank Stadium Club at the ballpark on the date of the game; one (1) night stay at a hotel in Chicago, IL, determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion, in one (1) standard double-occupancy room on a date on or around the date of the game; and two (2) authentic Chicago White Sox jerseys, selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion (collectively, the "Grand Prize"). The exact nature and duration of the on-field pregame experience, press box visit, line-up card delivery opportunity, and dinner shall be determined by Sponsor and the Chicago White Sox, Ltd. ("Chicago White Sox") at their sole discretion and subject to availability and the rules and regulations of the Chicago White Sox. TRANSPORTATION NOT INCLUDED. Prizes are subject to Sponsor's terms and conditions. The approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $930.
Five (5) First Prizes: Each First Prize winner will each receive two (2) tickets, one for the Winner and one (1) for his or her guest, for one (1) Chicago White Sox 2018 regular season home game played on one (1) of the following dates, selected by the Chicago White Sox and subject to availability: September 22, 2018 or September 23, 2018 (seat locations at the game shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); the opportunity for Winner and his/her one (1) guest to participate in one (1) on-field pregame experience at such game to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion; and two (2) authentic Chicago White Sox jerseys, selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion (collectively, the "First Prize" and together with the Grand Prize, the "Prizes"). The exact nature and duration of the on-field pregame experience shall be determined by Sponsor and Chicago White Sox at their sole discretion and subject to availability and the rules and regulations of the Chicago White Sox. TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED. Prizes are subject to Sponsor's terms and conditions. The ARV of each First Prize is $540.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION TO PRIZE WINNERS: The potential winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected by random drawing on or about September 4, 2018, from among all eligible entries received. Entrants need not be present at the time of drawing to qualify as a potential Prize winner. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Sweepstakes (each, a "Winner" and collectively, the "Winners"). The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Prize per household.
Each potential winner will be notified at the email address, postal address and/or telephone number (in the sole discretion of MLBAM) provided at the time of entry or the telephone number from which the entry was submitted ("Prize Notification"). By providing his or her email address, post address, and/or phone number, the entrant consents to be contacted by Sponsor, Chicago White Sox and MLBAM in connection with the Prize Notification. Message and data rates may apply. Sponsor, Department and the MLB Entities are not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant who provides a wireless number in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, Department and the MLB Entities are not liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from entrant's mobile service provider.
If any potential winner does not respond to such Prize Notification within seventy-two (72) hours of the time of Prize Notification (or the next business day, if the seventy-two (72) hour period falls on a non-business day) or declines the Prize for any reason, disqualification and Prize forfeiture will result, and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
Each potential Prize winner will be required to execute and return to the MLBAM an Illinois Lottery VIP Summer Sweepstakes prize claim form (either in person or via email) and release of liability and, unless prohibited by law, publicity, within seventy-two (72) hours following the time of Prize Notification. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential Prize winners will be declared the official Winners of the Sweepstakes. Failure to submit any identification required by Sponsor or to return any required documents within the specified time period, non-compliance with these Official Rules or the return of the Prize (or any portion thereof) or Prize Notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture. For the avoidance of doubt, the MLBAM shall handle all claims, Prize distribution, and, if any, tax reporting for this Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prizes are subject to availability and are subject to change. No substitution or cash redemption allowed by Winner. No cash equivalent of the Prizes will be awarded, and the Prizes are not exchangeable or otherwise transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part with other Prizes of comparable or greater value, if the intended Prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Transportation is not included for the Prizes, and lodging is not included for First Prize. The Winners will be exclusively and solely responsible for travel to and the costs thereof, and all other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not described as being provided (including but not limited to parking expenses, gratuities, and other expenses incurred by accepting a Prize). The Sweepstakes is governed by Illinois law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Any and all taxes, including but not limited to federal, state, and local taxes, are the exclusive and sole responsibility of each individual Winner. Each Winner may be required to provide his or her Social Security number and appropriate tax documentation for tax reporting purposes. If required, MLBAM will file an IRS Form 1099 or similar document with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any Prize.
Each Winner's guest must be of legal age of majority in his or her principal place of residence and at least eighteen (18) years of age, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any Prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Each Winner and his or her guest agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any Winner and/or his or her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event, or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event, and exhibition tickets awarded as Prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game, event, or exhibition tickets.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASE: By entering, each entrant (a) agrees to defend, indemnify, release, and hold harmless the Department, Sponsor, the MLB Entities, and each of their respective owners, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, managers, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, legal advisors, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, causes, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of the entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, receipt or use or misuse of any Prize, or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to (i) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (ii) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (iii) printing errors; (iv) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (v) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, including but not limited to data entry errors resulting from or caused by the entering, keying, or mis-keying of the required information by entrants; (vi) injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize; (vii) the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize; (b) gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Department, Sponsor, Chicago White Sox and MLBAM by telephone, email, and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes; (c) if selected as the Winner, consents to the use by Department, Sponsor, Chicago White Sox, MLBAM and each of their respective designees of the Winner's name, hometown, photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness, and Prize information for advertising, promotion, trade, marketing and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without additional compensation, consideration, permission, or notification, unless prohibited by law, and upon request will provide written confirmation of such consent; and (d) acknowledges that none of the Released Parties or anyone else has either made, or is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to, its quality or availability, and ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED IN THEIR ENTIRETY. Neither any of the Released Parties nor any of their service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information; any human or other error, technical malfunctions; lost or delayed data or voice transmission; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software; inability to access any online service or website or to complete a telephone call or facsimile transaction; any other error or malfunction; late, lost, or misdirected mail; or any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
The Released Parties are not responsible for (a) stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (c) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (d) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor, Department or the MLB Entities that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (e) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (f) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Sweepstakes; (g) any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, wireless service, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition; or (h) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the Sweepstakes in its entirety, if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention.
If any discrepancy should exist between these Official Rules and any promotional material describing this Sweepstakes, these Official Rules shall govern.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT, AND SPONSOR AND THE APPLICABLE RELEASED PARTIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
No failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall constitute a waiver of that provision. These Official Rules may be modified for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) is not capable of being executed as planned, or in the case of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes that in the opinion of the Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof), Sponsor reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). In the event of any disqualification of a suspect entry or entrant, notice thereof will be posted and the determination of the Prize winner will be made by random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time of such disqualification. Entrants not complying with all terms set forth in these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. In the event of any termination, cancellation, or suspension, notice thereof will be posted on the Illinois Lottery website accessible at http://www.illinoislottery.com/en-us/home.html.
Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner, based on a mobile phone number, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Phone Account Holder of the mobile phone number used to enter, provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The "Authorized Phone Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable mobile service provider has assigned the mobile phone number used to enter. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, the Prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder provided he or she is eligible according to these Official Rules. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Email Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, provided he or she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The "Authorized Email Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
All entry data provided via the online entry form is provided to Sponsor, Chicago White Sox and/or MLBAM.
Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS: All Winners agree to comply with and abide by all applicable laws, including the Illinois Lottery Law (20 ILCS 1605), all Illinois Lottery rules and regulations, instructions, conditions and final decisions of the Department, and all procedures established by Department and Sponsor for the Sweepstakes. In the case of a conflict or contradiction between or among the Illinois Lottery Law, Illinois Lottery administrative rules (11 Ill. Admin. Code Parts 1700 and 1770), and these Official Rules, the Illinois Lottery Law, and administrative rules shall control. The Department does not waive sovereign immunity rights provided under law and nothing in these Official Rules shall be interpreted to constitute a waiver of the Department's sovereign immunity rights.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, Sweepstakes entrants agree that in the event of a dispute concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, the determination of the Department shall be final and binding. Any entrant who disputes a final decision of the Department may seek review before a hearing officer pursuant to Section 7.3 of the Illinois Lottery Law. In accordance with the Illinois Lottery's hearing rules (11 Ill. Admin. Code Part 1700), the Director will review the recommendation of the hearing officer and, if applicable, the Board, and issue a final decision regarding the dispute. Any party adversely affected by a final decision or order of the Director may obtain judicial review as provided by the Illinois Lottery's hearing rules and Administrative Review Law (735 ILCS 5/Article III). All issues and questions concerning the rights and obligations of participant(s) in relation to Sponsor, Department, and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Each entrant agrees that any such action at law or in equity shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Chicago, Illinois, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZES, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; AND (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
13. INFORMATION: For a list of Winners' names, mail a request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by October 10, 2018, to: Illinois Lottery VIP Summer Sweepstakes Winner's List c/o Chicago White Sox, Guaranteed Rate Field, 222 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS A GAMBLING PROBLEM, CRISIS COUNSELING AND REFERRAL SERVICES CAN BE ACCESSED BY CALLING 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537).