One hundred and thirty-nine Appalachian League alumni started off the 2021 Major League Baseball season on Opening Day rosters. Twenty-nine of the 30 Major League Clubs featured Appy League alumni on their rosters to start the year.Read More
Current Philadelphia Phillies manager and four-time World Series champion Joe Girardi joined MLB Network’s Appalachian League Special to talk about how the league’s inaugural season will help in the development of young athletes.
The Appalachian League announced the league’s charitable outreach totaled more than $1.28 million in gift in kind and monetary donations in 2020. During the pause of play caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the league and its teams continued to be actively engaged in safely helping and assisting their local communities.
- Kingsport Axmen introduce Daren Brown as manager
- Princeton WhistlePigs announce Patrick Anderson as 2021 manager
- Elizabethton River Riders announce Kevin Riggs as 2021 manager
- Appalachian League celebrates charitable contributions of 2020
- One hundred and thirty-nine Appalachian League alumni on MLB Opening Day rosters
- 2021 Appalachian League to be featured in new MLB Network Special
- Steve Brice announced as Axmen general manager
- Princeton Baseball rebranded as Princeton WhistlePigs
- Otterbots announce Desi Relaford as 2021 manager
- Bristol State Liners announce Dave Trembley as 2021 manager