In the latest edition of Baseball Roots, Bruce Chen meets up with former Atlanta and Danville Braves star Andruw Jones before getting to check out the Otterbots' facilities and the city of Danville.
Bruce Chen heads to Pulaski to see Calfee Park and joins Melissa Epperly and J.W. Martin of the River Turtles (and mascot Slider) in the Pulaski community.
In this edition of Baseball Roots, Bruce Chen and Johnson City native Dale Ford look over some of Ford's most memorable moments as a Major League umpire.
The Appalachian League announced the league’s charitable outreach totaled more than $2.5 million of gift in kind and monetary donations this year. The league and its teams continued to be actively engaged in safely helping and assisting their local communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Appy League executives participated in a Week of Service, volunteering in 11 communities across four states as Jan. 17, 2022, marked the 27th annual MLK Day of Service.
- Former Ridge Runners outfielder named Golden Spikes Award Semifinalist
- Appalachian League introduces new extra-innings format
- Danville Otterbots announce ballpark sensory room, expand inclusivity efforts
- Appy alum Sabathia named special assistant to Commissioner
- Burlington Sock Puppets to host 2022 Appalachian League All-Star Game
- Elizabethton River Riders announce stadium renovations to Northeast Community Credit Union Ballpark
- WhistlePigs announce Jeff Carter as new manager
- Doughboys announce new videoboard for TVA Credit Union Ballpark