Thank you for your interest in applying to receive a grant from Royals Charities, the charitable foundation of the Kansas City Royals. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and the effect on the Royals Baseball season, we are postponing our spring grant deadline to October 1st. We are currently raising funds for our Royals Respond Fund which is focusing on food insecurity as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic. All grants submitted prior to this will be reviewed after the October 1st deadline. Please visit and read this complete page before each application is submitted. Guidelines are subject to change at any time, and the most current information for applications will be posted here.
The application begins with a grant application submitted to Royals Charities outlining the specific nature of your request. Once complete, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for submitting six required attachments. If your request relates to a baseball or softball field renovation or improvement, please visit royals.com/royaltyfields for the correct application. Requests for renovation or improvement of baseball or softball fields requested with the incorrect application will not be considered for funding.
For the purposes of addressing your grant application/cover letter, please use the following:
Amanda Grosdidier, Director
One Royal Way
Kansas City, MO 64129
To qualify for funding consideration, your organization must:
- Operate in the greater Kansas City area
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization with a federal tax identification number
- Organization whose operating budgets do not exceed $5 million are preferred, but a larger budget does not preclude your organization from consideration for funding.
- Your organization must be able to submit the following six required attachments:
- Cover Letter (must only be one page)
- IRS Letter of 501(c)(3) Determination
- Program/Project Budget
- Organizational Budget for current and two previous years
- Most recent financial statements (preferably audited); and
- List of current Board of Directors, including their professional affiliations (name of organization of employment).
Please submit your grant application by October 1st at 5:00 p.m. CT. Grant recipients for that cycle will be notified no later than Monday, December 7, 2020.
Once the application is received and reviewed, Royals Charities may call to schedule a site visit. In addition, Royals Charities may schedule a follow-up site visit once funding has been awarded and a project is completed. Please note that if an application is not received by the deadline listed above, it will only be reviewed if funding is available after timely requests have been considered, and the requesting organization might be asked to resubmit during the next grant cycle.
Once funding has been awarded, your organization cannot submit additional grant applications until one year has passed from the date of the original application deadline.
Most grant applications request funding of $5,000.
- Tangible items
- One-time capital expenses
- Special supplies or purchases for existing programs
- New programs
- General operating expenses or salaries
- Event sponsorships
You can support the efforts of Royals Charities a variety of ways, including:
- Online Donation
- Event Sponsorship
- 50/50 Raffle
- License Plate Program
- Gameday Greetings
- Mail-In Donation (checks payable to: Royals Charities)
One Royal Way
Kansas City, MO 64129
Royals Charities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the tax identification number: 45-1286323.
*Please consult your tax advisor regarding tax implications