Thank you for your interest in applying to receive a grant from Royals Charities, the charitable foundation of the Kansas City Royals. Please visit and read this complete page before each application is submitted. Guidelines are subject to change at any time, and the most current information for applications will be posted here.
The application begins with a grant application submitted to Royals Charities outlining the specific nature of your request. Once complete, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for submitting six required attachments. If your request relates to a baseball or softball field renovation or improvement, please visit royals.com/royaltyfields for the correct application. Requests for renovation or improvement of baseball or softball fields requested with the incorrect application will not be considered for funding.
For the purposes of addressing your grant application/cover letter, please use the following:
Amanda Grosdidier, Director
One Royal Way
Kansas City, MO 64129
To qualify for funding consideration, your organization must:
- Operate in the greater Kansas City area
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization with a federal tax identification number
- Organization whose operating budgets do not exceed $5 million are preferred, but a larger budget does not preclude your organization from consideration for funding.
- Your organization must be able to submit the following six required attachments:
- Cover Letter (must only be one page)
- IRS Letter of 501(c)(3) Determination
- Program/Project Budget
- Organizational Budget for current and two previous years
- Most recent financial statements (preferably audited); and
- List of current Board of Directors, including their professional affiliations (name of organization of employment).
Two grant cycles
Royals Charities has two grant cycles (spring and fall), as follows:
- Spring: April 1, 2019, 5 p.m. CT - Grant recipients will be notified no later than June 18, 2019.
- Fall: October 1, 2019, 5 p.m. CT - Grant recipients will be notified no later than December 13, 2019.
Once the application is received and reviewed, Royals Charities may call to schedule a site visit. In addition, Royals Charities may schedule a follow-up site visit once funding has been awarded and a project is completed. Please note that if an application is not received by the deadlines listed above, it will only be reviewed if funding is available after timely requests have been considered, and the requesting organization might be asked to resubmit during the next grant cycle.
Once funding has been awarded, your organization cannot submit additional grant applications until one year has passed from the date of the original application deadline. Example: If an organization submits an application in Spring 2018 and funding is denied, that organization may submit an application for funding in Fall 2018. If an organization submits an application in Spring 2018 and funding is awarded, that organization may not submit any grant applications until the Spring 2019.
What we fund
- Tangible items
- One-time capital expenses
- Special supplies or purchases for existing programs
- New programs
Most applications for Royals Charities funding request $5,000.
What we do not fund
- General operating expenses or salaries
- Event sponsorships
Thank you for your interest in Royals Charities. If you have any questions, please email us.
How to donate
Would you consider helping Royals Charities make a difference in the lives of thousands of children in the Kansas City area? In 2018, because of fan support like yours, Royals Charities donated $1.5 million back to the Kansas City community.
Please make your check payable to Royals Charities and mail to the address below. Royals Charities is a 501(c)(3) organization with the tax identification number 45-1286323.
One Royal Way
Kansas City, MO 64129
*Please consult your tax advisor regarding tax implications