Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant from Royals Charities, the charitable foundation of the Kansas City Royals. Royals Charities is no longer accepting 2023 grant applications. Please check back later for information on the 2024 grant cycle.
Please note, if you submitted a grant application for a baseball or softball field renovation or improvement, please visit the Royalty Fields grants page.
To qualify for funding consideration, your organization must:
- Operate in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, defined as Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas, and Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties in Missouri.
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization with a federal tax identification number
- Preference given to organization with operating budgets not exceeding $5 million, but larger budgets do not preclude organizations from consideration for funding.
Your organization must submit the following required documentation:
- Cover Letter (if not included in application; maximum one page)
- IRS Letter of 501(c)(3) Determination
- Program/Project Budget
- Organizational Budget for current and two previous years
- Most recent financial statements (preferably audited); and
- List of current Board of Directors, including their professional affiliations (name of organization of employment)
Once the application is received and reviewed, Royals Charities may call to schedule a site visit. In addition, Royals Charities may schedule a follow-up site visit once funding has been awarded and a project is completed. Please note that if an application is not received by the deadline listed above, it will only be reviewed if funding is available after timely requests have been considered, and the requesting organization might be asked to resubmit during the next grant cycle.
Once funding has been awarded, your organization cannot submit additional grant applications until one year has passed from the date of the original application deadline.
What We Do Not Fund
- General operating expenses or salaries
- Event sponsorships
- Lobbying, propaganda, or other attempts to influence legislation