1. DESCRIPTION: 50/50 Raffle is a charitable raffle whereby tickets are sold online at 9:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") through the end of the sixth (6th) inning of the final game of every 2021 Royals homestand, Tickets are sold in the following amounts: 3 for $5, 10 for $10, 80 for $20, and 240 for $40. During the seventh (7th) inning of the final game of each homestand, a winning Raffle ticket number will be displayed on CrownVision, announced over the PA system, and posted online at www.royals.com/5050 within 24 hours of the drawing and will remain posted on the website for thirty (30) calendar days. One (1) lucky fan per game receives half of the proceeds minus any reasonable administrative expenses from the applicable game's Raffle ticket sales (half of the net proceeds); the other half goes to Royals Charities.
Kansas City Royals Baseball Club, LLC and Royals Charities are committed to being active members of the Kansas City community and region. Created in 2001, Royals Charities strives to support children, education, youth baseball/softball, and military in and around the Kansas City area.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of Royals Charities ("Sponsor"), Kansas City Royals Baseball Club, LLC ("Kansas City Royals" or “Royals”), the other MLB Entities, ARAMARK, Contemporary Services Corporation (CSC), Contract Cleaning Co., Walz Tetrick Advertising, AscendFS Delaware, Inc., and Edelman & Thompson, and the immediate families and household members of each of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable Federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited. The "MLB Entities" means the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees, and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general, and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents of the foregoing entities.
3. RAFFLE PERIOD: A Raffle is held online during each Royals homestand, including post-season. The opportunity to purchase Raffle tickets throughout each homestand begins at 9:00 a.m. CT and ends at the conclusion of the sixth (6th) inning during the final game of each homestand. The dates surrounding each raffle period (13) are as follows:
|Raffle||Royals Homestand Dates|
|Raffle #1||April 1 – April 4|
|Raffle #2||April 12 – April 21|
|Raffle #3||May 3 – May 9|
|Raffle #4||May 18 – May 23|
|Raffle #5||May 31 – June 6|
|Raffle #6||June 4 – June 20|
|Raffle #7||July 2 – July 7|
|Raffle #8||July 16 – July 18|
|Raffle #9||July 23 – July 29|
|Raffle #10||August 9 – August 19|
|Raffle #11||August 31 – September 5|
|Raffle #12||September 14 – September 19|
|Raffle #13||September 28 – October 3|
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter a Raffle by purchasing tickets at www.royals.com/5050. Raffle tickets will be sold in the following amounts: 3 for $5, 10 for $10, 80 for $20, and 240 for $40. By participating in the 50/50 Raffle, you agree to follow these Official Rules. By accepting a prize, you give Sponsor and Kansas City Royals your permission (except where prohibited) to use your name, likeness, and statements for publicity purposes without additional compensation, including display of your name and image on the Kauffman Stadium CrownVision video board, on the www.royals.com website, in Royals social media postings, and other marketing materials related to the Raffle. All entries for a particular Raffle must be received during the applicable Raffle Period. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder (defined below) of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
5. DRAWINGS: *For each Raffle, one (1) prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Raffle Period. The drawings will be held in the State of Missouri on or about the beginning of the seventh (7th) inning of the applicable game and will be conducted by Sponsor whose decision is final and binding. If for any reason the drawing cannot be held in the seventh (7th) inning, it will be held within an hour of the game being officially postponed/cancelled. If the computer-generated equipment fails, the drawing will be done manually for that day's ticket sales during the seventh (7th) inning. Each winning Raffle ticket number will be announced via the stadium PA System, displayed on Royals CrownVision, and posted online at www.royals.com/5050. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared official winners of the 50/50 Raffle. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made thirty (30) business days from the first notification attempt, the person will be disqualified, with the money being donated to Royals Charities. One (1) winning Raffle ticket will be selected each homestand. The winning ticket must be presented at the Royals Charities Headquarters or sent in via email at [email protected]. Each winner will be mailed a check within thirty (30) days after claiming his/her prize. All non-winning Raffle tickets from one Raffle will not carry-over to or be eligible for any subsequent Raffle.
6. PRIZES: One (1) prize per Raffle will be awarded.
- Each winner will receive fifty percent (50%) of the total Raffle ticket revenue collected during the applicable Raffle Period, less an amount for reasonable administrative expenses.
- Taxes will be the sole responsibility of the winners. The Internal Revenue Service takes the position that no portion of the Raffle ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes. Sponsor will withhold twenty-five percent (25%) from the winnings if the amount of the prize is greater than $5,000 and will report this amount to the IRS on Form W-2G.
- The cash prize will be paid to each winner by check within thirty (30) days of the date the applicable prize is claimed (federal tax withholding may apply).
- The designated 50/50 Raffle ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming a prize.
7. ODDS: The odds of winning a prize are 1/the total number of entries received during the applicable Raffle Period.
8. GENERAL RULES: All entries and prize claims become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, incomplete or postage-due entries, prize claims, or mail. Released Parties are not responsible for typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the 50/50 Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the 50/50 Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any 50/50 Raffle-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event, or exhibition. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winners’ consent to the use by Sponsor, MLB, and their designees of their names and/or photographs for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation and without additional compensation, notification, or permission. By participating in this 50/50 Raffle, each entrant accepts and agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or MLB, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to release Sponsor, the MLB Entities, ARAMARK, Contemporary Services Corporation (CSC), Contract Cleaning Co., Walz Tetrick Advertising, AscendFS Delaware, Inc., and Edelman & Thompson and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees, and agencies of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability of any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by participating in this 50/50 Raffle or resulting from acceptance or use/misuse of the prize. Sponsor and/or MLB reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the 50/50 Raffle, violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE 50/50 RAFFLE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE 50/50 RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION THE OFFICIAL RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND/OR MLB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this 50/50 Raffle, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceedings shall take place in a federal or state court within the state of Missouri; 2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this 50/50 Raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the 50/50 Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules, or provisions (whether of the State of Missouri, or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR THE OTHER RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS 50/50 RAFFLE.
10. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Royals Charities 50/50 Raffle" Winners, One Royal Way, Kansas City, MO 64129. Requests must be received within ninety (90) days after the final Raffle Period.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the 50/50 Raffle is Royals Charities, One Royal Way, Kansas City, MO 64129.