Four South Florida Organizations to Receive $25,000
The Marlins Charity Partner Empowerment Fund is our signature program for awarding gifts to nonprofit organizations. Through the Empowerment Fund, we can invest in innovative organizations that impact our local community.
In addition to a $25,000 donation from the Marlins Foundation, organizations will benefit from unique and exciting offerings, including but not limited to:
- Pregame Charity Partner Announcement Ceremony during an opening week Marlins home game
- Charity Partner Day at Marlins Park (includes media coverage and in-game promotional/fundraising opportunities)
- Partnership with Marlins Ayudan, our front-office community service program that responds to a variety of community needs
- Complimentary Ballpark Buddies tickets for local, underprivileged youth groups (where applicable)
- Access to Billy The Marlin, the Marlins Street Team and more
Established in 1999, The Marlins Foundation supports the charity partners of the Miami Marlins through philanthropy and service. The Foundation is committed to improving the lives of our youth through education, the arts and baseball, with a focus on children with special-needs. The Foundation's community partnerships and outreach efforts demonstrate the Marlins' leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility and civic engagement.
To begin the online application process, click the link in the Submission Guidelines section.
For questions and information: Marlins Foundation, [email protected].
For more information on our current Marlins Charity Partners, visit marlins.com/charitypartners.
To be considered for a Marlins Charity Partner Fund, your organization should:
- Provide direct and unique programming for youth through educational, arts and baseball related programming, more specifically by providing unique experiences for kids in our schools, parks and on the water.
- Be designated as 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue code,
- Operate within the following counties (required): Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Palm Beach.
- Demonstrate fiscal soundness (including at least a 3-year track record of success) and have clearly stated, measurable goals and objectives.
- Gifts will not be made to individuals or national organizations who do not operate in South Florida.
- Recipients understand and accept responsibility to participate in public relations activities associated with receipt of gift and will display Miami Marlins and/or Marlins Foundation logos acknowledging the gift.
- Non-profits who are awarded gifts for two consecutive years may not apply for a third consecutive year.
- An organization may submit one application per calendar year.
- Applicants must first submit an online pre-proposal for review.
- Pre-proposals will be reviewed by a Marlins internal-review committee and selected non-profits will be invited back to complete a full-proposal.
- Full-proposals will be reviewed by the Marlins internal-review committee and a final recommendation will be made to the Marlins Foundation Board of Directors.
- The Marlins Foundation Board of Directors will select the 2018 Charity Partners
Dates still subject to change.
Pre-proposal live (online): October 2, 2017
Pre-proposal due (online): November 10, 2017 by 5:00PM
Notification and invitation to full-proposal: December 18, 2017
Full-proposals due (by invitation only): January 31, 2018 by 5:00PM
Charity Partner announcement: March 2018
Charity Partner ceremony: April 2018
Please register on The Miami Foundation's online application portal by visiting http://tmf.spectrumportal.net.
Note: Organizations must be approved by The Miami Foundation before they can access the online application.
Please email [email protected] to expedite the approval process.
Submit your pre-proposal through The Miami Foundation's online application portal, where you will provide basic contact information and a proposal description.
Note: All narrative questions have a 2000 character limit (includes spaces).
Applicants will receive written confirmation of the status of the application in the month gifts are awarded.