What is the Giants Community Fund?
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliated with the San Francisco Giants
- Started in 1991
- 31-member Board of Directors
- Supports initiatives in Health, Education and Violence Prevention
- Check out jrgiants.org for more information!
What is Junior Giants?
- Flagship program of the Giants Community Fund
- Started in 1994
- Free, noncompetitive, coed summer baseball and softball league
- Focuses on Character Development and programs in Health, Education and Bullying Prevention
- Serves 24,000 players in 90 leagues across Northern and Central California, Oregon and Nevada
Who should I go to with questions?
Coaches and team parents
- You will be the first point of contact for the players and parents on your team.
- If you have any questions, you should go to your league's ambassador or commissioner.
- At the beginning of the season, ask your league organizers where specific types of questions should be directed (i.e. roster change questions go to the ambassador and additional supply requests go to the commissioner).
Players and parents
- Go to your coach or team parent first. If they can't answer your question, they will pass it along to your commissioner or ambassador!