The Chicago Cubs will begin a 10-game homestand tomorrow as they take on the rival St. Louis Cardinals June 2-4, Miami Marlins June 5-7 and Colorado Rockies June 8-11. The homestand features a total of eight promotional giveaways, including a replica throwback jersey, bobblehead and two Kids Sundays giveaways.
Iron Chef and Top Chef winner Stephanie Izard, famous for her Chicago restaurants Girl & the Goat, Little Goat Diner and Duck Duck Goat, will lead off the new Chef Series at Wrigley Field presented by Maker's Mark. The following menu items will be served June 2-11 at the Sheffield Counter (formerly Decade Diner) near Gate D:
- Korean Fried Chicken: Twice-fried, spiced "This Little Goat Went to Belize" chicken strips with "This Little Goat Went to Korea" mayo
- The Izard: Vienna Beef hot dog with "This Little Goat Went to Korea" mayo, spiced crispy onions, Korean pickles
- Pork Belly Fries: Waffle fries with crispy pork belly, "This Little Goat Went to Southeast Asia" mayo, pickled peppers, chili oil and cilantro
- Got the Goat Tacos: Braised goat in Maker's Mark chili mole sauce with grilled pineapple salsa and green sauce on freshly made Little Goat tortillas
- Spiced Peanut Butter Cookie: Peanut butter oatmeal cookies stuffed with "This Little Goat Went to India"-spiced peanut butter frosting.
Hot Doug's continues its rotating selections from Platform 14, located behind the center field scoreboard in the Budweiser Bleachers. Served this homestand are the Jody Gerut, a Cajun andouille sausage with Cajun mustard, caramelized onions and Swiss cheese; the Steve Lake, a Roman Luganega sausage with marinara, sautéed peppers and mozzarella; and the Glenallen Hill, a spicy Vienna Polish sausage with honey mustard, smoked Gouda cheese and sauerkraut.
Tomorrow, Cubs manager Joe Maddon will continue his support of Chicago nonprofit organizations through his "Respect Community" T-shirt initiative. After every Friday home game, Maddon represents a different Chicago nonprofit by wearing the organization's T-shirt during his postgame press conference. This week, Maddon will represent Mission Continues, a nonprofit organization that leverages the skills, experience and leadership abilities of veterans in communities throughout Chicagoland.
The Foundation To Be Named Later will kick off the Sixth Annual Hot Stove Cool Music Chicago postgame Friday at Metro Chicago with a headlining performance from Twin Peaks, who will join Cubs President of Baseball Operations Theo Epstein, Hall of Fame baseball writer Peter Gammons and Cubs broadcaster Len Kasper as part of the All-Star music lineup at the annual benefit concert celebrating music, baseball and giving back.
A new season of Cubs RBI will kick off Monday, June 5, with games played at four locations: Kerry Wood Cubs Field (4:30 p.m.), 47th and Lake Shore Drive (5:30 p.m.), Morgan Park High School (5:30 p.m.) and Illinois Institute of Technology (5:30 p.m.). In 2017, 28 teams will participate in Cubs RBI with sponsorship support from a player on the Cubs' active roster.
On Wednesday, June 7, Cubs Charities and Good Sports will team up for the first time to donate new baseball and softball equipment to various Chicago programs. Cubs associates will pack more than $50,000 worth of items to be sent to B.I.G Baseball Academy, Teamwork Englewood, Garfield Park Little League, Near West Little League, The Roberto Clemente Little League and Canaryville Little League.
On Friday, June 9, Cubs bench coach Dave Martinez will host a group of students from Lakeview's Inter-American Magnet School as part of "Davey's Dugout," an initiative that provides youth the chance to attend a Cubs game for the first time.
Friday, June 2, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:20 p.m.
Saturday, June 3, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:20 p.m.
· Promotion: Cubs Beach Towel presented by Jewel-Osco, up to first 10,000 fans
Sunday, June 4, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 6:35 p.m.
· Promotion: Wrigley Field Wall Mini Chalkboard presented by Mastercard, up to first 5,000 fans age 13-and-younger
Monday, June 5, Chicago Cubs vs. Miami Marlins, 7:05 p.m.
Tuesday, June 6, Chicago Cubs vs. Miami Marlins, 7:05 p.m.
· Promotion: Cubs Floppy Hat presented by RumChata, up to first 10,000 fans age 21-and-older
Wednesday, June 7, Chicago Cubs vs. Miami Marlins, 7:05 p.m.
· Promotion: 1908 Chicago Cubs Replica Throwback Jersey presented by Benjamin Moore, up to first 10,000 fans
· First pitch: James Beard Award-winning chef Tony Mantuano from Spiaggia
Thursday, June 8, Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies, 7:05 p.m.
· Promotion: "WS MVP" Bobblehead presented by Olivet Nazarene University, up to first 10,000 fans
· First pitch: Northwestern head women's golf coach Emily Fletcher
Friday, June 9, Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:20 p.m.
Saturday, June 10, Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:20 p.m.
Sunday, June 11, Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:20 p.m.
· Promotion: Youth Championship Wall Flag presented by Mastercard, up to first 5,000 fans age 13-and-younger
· First pitch: NPR radio host, author of "My Cubs: A Love Story" and Chicago native Scott Simon
· Postgame: Kids Run the Bases, up to first 1,000 fans 13-and-younger, weather permitting