"It's a possibility [he is skipped]. It's unlikely," said Roberts. "Just seeing where he's at over the next couple of days and we'll know more. He's very aware that we're trying to be mindful of his -- and all of our starters' -- workload."
Wood allowed one run in six innings, but he struck out only two and his velocity was off. With a scheduled day off on Monday, Wood will get an additional day between starts anyway, as his turn will come around Wednesday in Arizona. Wood, an All-Star for the first time this year, is 13-1 with a MLB-leading win percentage of .929. His 2.33 ERA would be third in the Majors, but he is 3 2/3 innings shy of qualifying. He is tied for second in victories.
"We're going to keep an eye on him the next few days and see; there's really no decision that needs to be made right now," said Roberts. "But he feels good about making his next start. There's a little fatigue. He wants to go through the next couple of days with his postgame workouts and see where it goes."
Roberts said it was agreed that Clayton Kershaw, who is on the disabled list with a lower back strain, will not rush back to the mound, as he had been lobbying.
"We talked briefly last night," Roberts said. "The progression is still moving forward, and we are going to continue to stay with the program the medical staff put in place. So he won't be on the mound in the next few days, I can promise you that, but it's just going to keep the arm in shape."
Kershaw went on the DL on July 24. At that time, sources indicated that the club was prepared to be without the ace for 4-6 weeks. Officially, Kershaw and the club have insisted there is no timetable for a return, but Roberts has said he expects to have the lefty back before the regular season ends.
Roberts said Adrian Gonzalez (herniated disk) and Rob Segedin (wrist surgery) came out of their first rehab game Thursday night healthy. Roberts added that Andre Ethier (herniated disk) will start a rehab assignment in a few days.
Also on Friday, the Dodgers claimed right-handed pitcher Dylan Floro from the Cubs off waivers and optioned him to Triple-A Oklahoma City. Floro was drafted in 2012 by the Rays, who were run at the time by Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman. To make room on the 40-man roster, the Dodgers moved Franklin Gutierrez (ankylosis spondylitis) to the 60-day disabled list.
Ken Gurnick has covered the Dodgers for MLB.com since 2001.