The upcoming homestand includes a brand-new Theme Night, Game of Thrones® Night, and the first event of the 2017 College Day Series, featuring the University of Virginia. The Nationals will also celebrate PLAY BALL WEEKEND with youth clinics, an equipment drive and the second Youth Baseball & Softball Day. The fan-favorite K Street Section and Pups in the Park also return.
Nationals fans can now purchase NatsPass, an affordable, digital pass that offers fans admission to all Nationals home games for an entire month. For just $65, fans can enjoy every July home game in standing room areas of Nationals Park, while enjoying the benefits of a regular ticket - including happy hours at the Budweiser Terrace, the ability to reserve tables in the Budweiser Brew House, promotional giveaways and theme games. The NatsPass is delivered digitally via the MLB.com Ballpark app, allowing fans to pull up tickets without ever having to print at home or visit the Nationals Park Box Office. Tickets will exclusively be available in the MLB Ballpark app. To purchase, visit nationals.com/NatsPass.
FRIDAY, JUNE 23
· Game of Thrones® Night: Winter may be coming to Westeros, but at Nationals Park summer officially kicks off with Game of Thrones® Night. The first 20,000 fans to enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a Nationals-themed Game of Thrones® T-shirt. Fans will also get a chance to visit the authentic Iron Throne at the Strike Zone, located off of Center Field Plaza, and view Nationals-themed Game of Thrones® banners hanging throughout the ballpark. Fans are invited to come dressed as their favorite character and participate in the costume contest, however any props resembling weapons will not be allowed into the ballpark. Adults are not allowed to wear masks that cover their face. Young children under the age of 10 may wear masks if accompanied by an adult over 21 years old. More information and tickets for Friday's game are available at nationals.com/ThemeGames.
· K Street Section: The new superfan section at Nationals Park, the K Street Section, returns for the third time this season. During the last Friday home game of each month, fans can purchase a special ticket package that includes a field level ticket in Section 108, an exclusive T-shirt to wear during the game, and a 'K-card' to help cheer on the Nationals' pitchers. Visit nationals.com/KStreet to purchase tickets and for additional information.
· Sandwich Madness: In partnership with "G" by Mike Isabella, G Sandwich Shop in Section 136 will be featuring the Seoul Stopper sandwich, as showcased in the Sandwich Madness competition at "G" by Mike Isabella. The Sandwich Madness competition is an ongoing charity event, at "G" by Mike Isabella, showcasing sandwiches designed by local personalities with the proceeds donated to the personalities' charity of choice. The Seoul Stopper, designed by Eun Yang from NBC 4, is a crispy fried chicken thigh topped with daikon radish salad, gochujang glaze, kewpie mayo, bib lettuce, all on a potato roll. The Seoul Stopper will be available at G Sandwich Shop in Section 136 from June 23 - August 16 at which point it will be replaced with another Sandwich Madness favorite.
· Team Store Specials: Exclusive Nationals-themed Game of Thrones® merchandise will be available for purchase, and Dynasty apparel will be available for the first time in the Main Team Store. The Main Team Store will also offer new bobbleheads featuring RHP Max Scherzer as June's "Bobblehead of the Month," while supplies last.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: The 7 Deadlies will perform at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, JUNE 24
· College Day - University of Virginia: Come out and show your Cavalier pride as the Nationals host the first College Day of the season, featuring the University of Virginia. Join other Cavalier students, faculty, alumni and fans as UVA takes over Nationals Park for the day. With the purchase of a special ticket, fans will receive a discounted game ticket and a New Era UVA/Nationals co-branded hat. For additional information and tickets, visit nationals.com/UVA. The next College Day, featuring the University of Maryland, will take place on Sunday, July 9.
· PLAY BALL WEEKEND: The Washington Nationals will celebrate the second annual 'PLAY BALL WEEKEND,' a league-wide effort by MLB, all 30 MLB Clubs and Minor League Baseball to engage young baseball and softball fans and commemorate the continued support of youth participation. All Nationals players will wear special PLAY BALL attire this weekend, including a t-shirt during batting practice and a patch on uniforms in-game.
· Nationals/Inova Youth Baseball Clinic: In conjunction with Inova, the Nationals host a series of youth clinics as part of the team's efforts to increase participation and interest in baseball and softball. Children ages 8 to 14 participate in the free clinics which include on-field instruction by the Nationals coaching staff, a meet-and-greet with a player and four tickets to a Nationals home game. Registration is not open to the public.
· Jockey Being Family Youth Baseball Clinic: Jockey and the Washington Nationals are pleased to host adopted youth of the DMV for the Jockey Being Family Youth Baseball Clinic at Ryan Zimmerman Field at Randall Recreation Center. The kids will participate in a baseball clinic led by Nationals Youth Baseball Academy coaches and a pizza party with the Nationals Racing Presidents. Each child will be given a gift bag including a Nationals hat, two free tickets to a Nationals 2017 regular season game, a Nationals plastic bat & ball set and a Jockey Being Family teddy bear. Registration is not open to the public.
· Seniors Stroll the Bases #1: Join us for our third annual Seniors Stroll the Bases! Fans ages 60 and over can enjoy special discounted tickets that include concession credit and the opportunity to come down to the field after the game to stroll, walk or run the bases, weather permitting. For more information and tickets, visit nationals.com/SeniorStroll.
· First Pitch Honoree: Six-year-old Stephen Schwartz will be honored before the game. Stephen was diagnosed with Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease in utero and was given a 1% chance to live. At 6 days old, he had both kidneys removed. He was on peritoneal dialysis for two and a half years until receiving a non-related living donor kidney transplant. Stephen and his family work with the National Kidney Foundation to raise awareness about kidney disease and living organ donation. Stephen is a Nats fan and will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch on Saturday with his family and donor watching.
· Casey Cares: In coordination with the Casey Cares Foundation and UMPS Care Charities, the Nationals will host the Becraft family from Hyattsville, Md., as special guests for the day. The Becrafts' daughter, Sophia, is now in remission after a battle with leukemia, but their son, Thomas, was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. Their VIP experience will include a meet-and-greet with the game's umpires, tickets to the game and other special surprises.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: Karaoke Night, featuring DJ Stylus Chris and JCC International Talent Agency, LLC., will take place at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 2:00 p.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a free collectible President Pin with any purchase at the Main Team Store.
SUNDAY, JUNE 25
· Pups in the Park #4 Presented by Budweiser: Nationals fans and their canine friends can enjoy the fourth Pups in the Park of the 2017 season presented by Budweiser. Fans and their pups will enjoy the designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area, featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Humane Rescue Alliance and Fetch! Pet Care. All proceeds from dog tickets benefit the Humane Rescue Alliance. Visit nationals.com/Pups to purchase tickets and for additional information.
· Youth Baseball & Softball Day #2 Presented by Inova Sports Medicine: The Nationals welcome all area teams and leagues to the 12th annual Youth Baseball & Softball Day presented by Inova. All players and coaches are invited to participate in a pregame parade along the warning track and kids ages 12 and under can enjoy Kids Run the Bases following the game. The first 5,000 youth participating in the pregame parade will receive a Nationals athletic compression sleeve courtesy of Inova Sports Medicine. Tickets can be purchased at nationals.com/LittleLeague.
· Equipment Drive: Fans are encouraged to donate new and used equipment including baseballs, softballs, bats, batting gloves, catcher's equipment, youth batting helmets, bases, baseball pants and cleats outside of the Center Field Gate or the entrance of the youth baseball parade line in right field. Hosted in conjunction with the Baseball Tomorrow Fund, the beneficiaries of the equipment drive this year are Arlington Babe Ruth (youth baseball league) and Leveling the Playing Field. Items will be collected through the second inning. The Baseball Tomorrow Fund will also provide the Arlington Babe Ruth with a $5,000 grant to purchase additional equipment.
· Nationals Plastic Bat & Ball Set Giveaway: Fans ages 12 and under will receive a Nationals plastic bat & ball set as they exit the ballpark after Sunday's game, while supplies last. MLB Clubs will collectively distribute more than 300,000 plastic bat & ball sets throughout the United States and Canada, both in ballparks and at community events.
· Kids Run the Bases: All kids ages 4 through 12 will have the opportunity to run the bases after Sunday home games, weather permitting. Jr. Nationals MVP members will have access to an exclusive line that will go onto the field first. For more information on the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, visit nationals.com/JrNats.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a half-price Nats Dog after the fifth inning.
MONDAY, JUNE 26
· Champions Day #1: The Nationals are proud to support youth baseball and softball in the D.C. area with the Champions Day program. The first of two Champions Days is dedicated to honoring area high school teams who have won state championships. These teams will participate in a special Champions Day presentation during the pregame ceremony and will receive complimentary tickets, a Champions Day T-shirt, a DVD copy of the ceremony and a team picture. For more information, visit nationals.com/ChampionsDay.
· Team Store Special: During the Cubs series, fans will receive a free autographed baseball with the purchase of any Majestic Flex Base Authentic Jersey (available in the Main Team Store and Home Plate Store only), while supplies last.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a $9.50 Nats Dog & 22 oz. drink combo.
TUESDAY, JUNE 27
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a free name and number tee with a $200 Team Store purchase.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: District Trivia, LLC. will host Trivia Night at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5:00 p.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a free authentic lineup card with a $100 authentics purchase.
THURSDAY, JUNE 29
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: DJ Stylus Chris will perform at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 2:00 p.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a half-price 20 oz. Coca Cola product with a $15 purchase from any concession stand throughout the ballpark.
FRIDAY JUNE 30
· Budweiser Music Party featuring Luke Pell: Make your way to Nationals Park and be a part of the Budweiser Music Party! Country singer and Bachelorette Season 12 star, Luke Pell, will perform live, with Grass Roots Revival as the opening act. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. and the concert starts at 8:00 p.m. General admission tickets are $20. There are a limited-capacity general admission PLUS pre-show meet and greet with Luke Pell for $45. Tickets include one 12 oz. beer, soda or water. For tickets or more information, visit http://m.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/info/bud-music/luke-pell.
CURLY W LIVE
Want to see more photos, videos and fun features about your favorite Nationals players? Want to learn more about what is happening at Nationals Park and what the team is doing in the community? Nationals fans are encouraged to check out Curly W Live, the official blog of the Washington Nationals, by visiting curlyw.mlblogs.com. Be sure to create a Medium account and follow Curly W Live in order to receive notifications when new content is published!
2017 MLB ALL-STAR GAME VOTING
The 2017 Esurance MLB All-Star Game ballot is now live. Nationals fans can cast their votes by visiting nationals.com/Vote. You can also receive the 2017 Esurance MLB All-Star Game ballot by texting VOTE or VOTA to 89269. Remember: vote today, vote tomorrow, vote Nats!
GETTING TO THE BALLPARK
Parking options for Nationals fans start at $20 and are available online at nationals.com/Parking. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance to ensure a space in their desired zone.
Fans can also get a ride to and from the ballpark at the tap of a button using Uber, the official ride-share partner of the Washington Nationals. New users can get their first ride free (up to $15) with the promo code NATIONALS17 by signing up at http://get.uber.com/new-signup/nationals17. When exiting the ballpark, fans are encouraged to head to one of Uber's suggested pickup locations shown at nationals.mlb.com/promo/map:
o N St. SE and New Jersey Ave. SE
o L St. SE between First St. SE and New Jersey Ave. SE
o M St. SW and Half St. SW
Please note that Metro SafeTrack is in effect through June 25. Beginning June 25, new permanent hours will go into effect for the entire Metrorail system. Fans are encouraged to review the new Metro schedule at https://wmata.com/service/status/details/june-25-changes.cfm.
Fans should also consider alternate forms of travel to and from the ballpark, including the D.C. Circulator from Union Station, biking to the ballpark or the baseball boat from Old Town Alexandria. Visit nationals.com/WayToGo for information on parking and transportation options to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at http://hsema.dc.gov/page/alertdc.
Fans traveling to the ballpark should be aware that there are construction projects underway in the surrounding area. To ensure safe crossings, please be mindful of signage and directions given by public safety officers.
Nationals Park is a completely non-smoking and tobacco-free facility per District of Columbia law. There is no exception for electronic cigarettes or any other type of smoking device, or for smokeless tobacco or any other type of tobacco product. Guests wishing to smoke or use tobacco products must go to the designated smoking area at the First Base Gate. Guests wishing to exit Nationals Park to smoke or use tobacco products must present a valid ticket and receive a wristband before exiting Nationals Park. Guests wishing to reenter Nationals Park must return through the metal detectors with a valid ticket and assigned wristband.
MLB and the Nationals require that all people entering Nationals Park walk through a metal detector or be screened with handheld metal detectors to search for prohibited items. This includes a thorough inspection of all jackets, coats, packages, bags, backpacks, purses and any other containers brought to any of the Nationals Park entry gates.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/tickets.