The upcoming homestand kicks off with the Beltway Series presented by INOVA on Wednesday, May 10 and Thursday, May 11. The homestand also includes the second bobblehead giveaway of the season, featuring a sliding Trea Turner. In addition, Pups in the Park returns for the second time this season, and moms will be celebrated on Mothers' Day with a special pregame brunch and carnation giveaway.
The 50/50 Raffle, the in-park fundraiser for the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation which offers fans a chance to win big cash prizes, will be available for every game during the upcoming homestand. Since debuting during the 2014 Postseason, the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation's 50/50 Raffle total jackpot has surpassed $1 million. Tickets are sold at kiosks located at Sections 108, 138 and 311 and from roving uniformed sellers. For more information, visit nationals.com/5050.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 10
· Beltway Series Team Store Specials: To celebrate the Beltway Series at Nationals Park on Wednesday and Thursday, the Main Team Store will be selling special edition Beltway Series T-shirts. Also during the Baltimore series, fans will receive a free autographed baseball with the purchase of an authentic jersey. Both offers are available while supplies last.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: District Trivia, LLC. will host Trivia Night at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5:00 p.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive $5 off any purchase of $20 or more at the Devils Backbone Lodge.
THURSDAY, MAY 11
· Harper's Heroes: In partnership with the Nationals and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Harper's Heroes is an ongoing program that treats families affected by childhood cancers to a fun-filled day at Nationals Park. RF Bryce Harper will host families from the Harper's Heroes program before the Nationals take the field against the Orioles. The VIP experience includes a private meet-and-greet with Bryce as well as a special batting practice viewing, T-shirts, tickets to the game and NatsBucks.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: DJ Stylus Chris will perform at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5:00 p.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a Nationals magnet with any purchase at the Main Team Store.
FRIDAY, MAY 12
· Trea Turner Bobblehead Presented by MASN: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Trea Turner bobblehead presented by MASN.
· Nurses Appreciation Day: Cap off National Nurses Appreciation Week with a night at the ballpark. As a thank you for their hard work, the Nationals host a day dedicated to all nurses in the D.C. area. The game ball for Friday's game will be delivered by Colonel Kimberly Sencindiver, Air National Guard Command Nurse and Medical Advisor to the Air Force Surgeon General. Colonel Sencindiver's number one priority is providing medical support to more than seven thousand personnel assigned to the Air National Guard's 98 medical units. Attendees will enjoy discounted tickets loaded with concession credit. Tickets for Nurses Appreciation Day are available at nationals.com/Nurses.
· Teacher Appreciation Day #1: In recognition of all they do for the community, the Nationals will host three games dedicated to all teachers, administrators and school employees in the D.C. area. Friday's game marks the first Teacher Appreciation event of the season. Attendees will enjoy discounted tickets loaded with concession credit and will receive a Nationals water bottle, while supplies last. Tickets for Teacher Appreciation Day are available at nationals.com/Teachers.
· Team Store Special: During the weekend series, the exclusive Mother's Day products that the players and coaches wear on-field will be available in the Main Team Store.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: Down Wilson will perform at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5:00 p.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a special $8 ticket offer for May 23-28 home games.
SATURDAY, MAY 13
· Pups in the Park #2 Presented by Budweiser: On Saturday, Nationals fans and their canine friends can enjoy the second Pups in the Park of the 2017 season presented by Budweiser. Fans and their pups will enjoy the designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area, featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Humane Rescue Alliance and Fetch! Pet Care. All proceeds from dog tickets benefit the Humane Rescue Alliance. Visit nationals.com/Pups to purchase tickets and for additional information.
· ALS Ride for Life: Christopher Pendergast, founder of ALS Ride for Life, will be recognized during the pregame ceremony. In 1998, Chris traveled from Yankee Stadium to D.C. primarily in his electric wheelchair. In his 24th year with ALS, Chris is retracing his first journey to D.C. to mark the 20th anniversary of the inaugural Ride. Through the years, the Ride has raised more than $7 million-much of it by school children-for patient services, as well as supporting research and spreading awareness about the disease. ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, affects more than 30,000 Americans and takes more than 6,000 lives in this country every year.
· Nationals/Inova Sports Medicine Youth Baseball Clinic: In conjunction with Inova Health System, the Nationals host a series of youth clinics as part of the team's efforts to increase participation and interest in baseball and softball. Children ages 8 through 14 participate in the free clinics, which include on-field instruction by Nationals coaching staff, a meet-and-greet with a player and four tickets to a Nationals game. Registration is not open to the public.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: Karaoke Night, featuring DJ Stylus Chris and JCC Entertainment International, will take place at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5:00 p.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a special $8 ticket offer for May 23-28 home games. In addition, fans will receive a half-price 20 oz. Coca Cola product with a $15 purchase from any concession stand throughout the ballpark.
SUNDAY, MAY 14
· Mother's Day Carnation Giveaway Presented by Harris Teeter: The first 5,000 mothers to exit the ballpark through Center Field Gate, Left Field Gate and Right Field Gate will receive a Mother's Day carnation presented by Harris Teeter.
· Mother's Day Brunch: The Nationals are hosting the first-ever Mother's Day brunch at Nationals Park. Special tickets include a pregame, all-inclusive Mother's Day brunch at the Family Picnic Area or Home Plate Tailgate, as well as a ticket to the game. The brunch menu will include items like Banana French Toast Bake, frittata, potatoes, bacon, sausage, coffee, tea, and bottomless mimosas. Sunday's event is sold out, but more information can be found at nationals.com/Mothers.
· Honorary Bat Girl: Melissa Green has been named the Washington Nationals' winner of the 2017 Honorary Bat Girl Contest, which recognizes baseball fans who have been affected by breast cancer and have demonstrated a commitment to battling the disease. She will be honored during the pregame ceremony. For a Q&A with our 2017 Honorary Bat Girl, visit curlyw.mlblogs.com.
· Kids Run the Bases: All kids ages 4 through 12 will have the opportunity to run the bases after Sunday home games, weather permitting. Jr. Nationals MVP members will have access to an exclusive line that will go onto the field first. For more information on the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, visit nationals.com/JrNats.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a special $8 ticket offer for May 23-28 home games. In addition, fans will receive $25 off any purchase over $100 at the Women's Boutique.
CURLY W LIVE
Want to see more photos, videos and fun features about your favorite Nationals players? Want to learn more about what is happening at Nationals Park and what the team is doing in the community? Nationals fans are encouraged to check out Curly W Live, the official blog of the Washington Nationals, by visiting curlyw.mlblogs.com. Be sure to create a Medium account and follow Curly W Live in order to receive notifications when new content is published!
2017 MLB ALL-STAR GAME VOTING
The 2017 Esurance MLB All-Star Game ballot is now live. Nationals fans can cast their votes by visiting nationals.com/Vote. You can also receive the 2017 Esurance MLB All-Star Game ballot by texting VOTE or VOTA to 89269. Remember: vote today, vote tomorrow, vote Nats!
GETTING TO THE BALLPARK
Parking options for Nationals fans start at $20 and are available online at nationals.com/Parking. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance to ensure a space in their desired zone.
Please note that Metro SafeTrack is in effect. Fans should consider alternate forms of travel to and from the ballpark, including ride-hailing services, the D.C. Circulator from Union Station, biking to the ballpark or the baseball boat from Old Town Alexandria. Visit nationals.com/WayToGo for information on parking and transportation options to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at http://hsema.dc.gov/page/alertdc.
Fans traveling to the ballpark should be aware that there are construction projects underway in the surrounding area. To ensure safe crossings, please be mindful of signage and directions given by public safety officers.
Nationals Park is a completely non-smoking and tobacco-free facility per District of Columbia law. There is no exception for electronic cigarettes or any other type of smoking device, or for smokeless tobacco or any other type of tobacco product. Guests wishing to smoke or use tobacco products must go to the designated smoking area at the First Base Gate. Guests wishing to exit Nationals Park to smoke or use tobacco products must present a valid ticket and receive a wristband before exiting Nationals Park. Guests wishing to reenter Nationals Park must return through the metal detectors with a valid ticket and assigned wristband.
MLB and the Nationals require that all people entering Nationals Park walk through a metal detector or be screened with handheld metal detectors to search for prohibited items. This includes a thorough inspection of all jackets, coats, packages, bags, backpacks, purses and any other containers brought to any of the Nationals Park entry gates.
For game tickets and more information, call 202.675.NATS(6287) or visit nationals.com/Tickets.