The NCAA Tournament began Friday with the first round of games in regional action. With the 2016 First-Year Player Draft scheduled for next week, here's a look at some notable Tournament performances from college prospects ranked in MLBPipeline.com's Top 200.Louisville Regional
• Corey Ray, OF, Louisville (No. 6): Ray set
The NCAA Tournament began Friday with the first round of games in regional action. With the 2016 First-Year Player Draft scheduled for next week, here's a look at some notable Tournament performances from college prospects ranked in MLBPipeline.com's Top 200.
• Corey Ray, OF, Louisville (No. 6): Ray set the table for the Cardinals from the top of the lineup, going 3-for-5 with one RBI in a 6-1 win over Western Michigan. Ray, who played right and left field, drove in the game's first run with a single in the third inning.
• Kyle Funkhouser, RHP, Louisville (No. 58): Funkhouser tossed eight innings of one-run ball to win his sixth straight start, improving to 9-3 on the season. He struck out six against three walks and allowed four hits.
• Ronnie Dawson, OF, Ohio State (No. 121): Dawson scored the winning run for the Buckeyes in a thrilling 7-6 walk-off victory over Wright State. He also drove in the tying run on a single through the right side with one out in the bottom of the ninth. Overall, Dawson went 2-for-5 with one double, three RBIs and two runs scored.
• Blake Tiberi, 3B, Louisville (No. 185): Tiberi belted a two-run home run to right field in the seventh inning and finished the game 2-for-4 with two runs scored.
Coral Gables Regional
• Zack Collins, C, Miami (No. 14): Collins went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored in Miami's 4-2 win over Stetson. His single in the seventh inning was part of a go-ahead rally, and he scored Miami's final run on a fielder's choice.
• Dakota Hudson, RHP, Mississippi State (No. 15): Hudson started for the Bulldogs but struggled in 3 1/3 innings, charged with four earned runs on four hits. He struck out a pair and issued four walks.
• Daniel Brown, LHP, Mississippi State (No. 153): Brown tossed 3 1/3 hitless innings in relief to pick up the win, as the Bulldogs rallied to beat Southeast Missouri State, 9-5. He struck out four and walked one.
• Logan Shore, RHP, Florida (No. 42): Shore started for the Gators and went 6 1/3 innings, charged with two earned runs on five hits. He struck out four against two walks and picked up the win as Florida beat Bethune-Cookman, 9-3.
• Peter Alonso, 1B, Florida (No. 65): Alonso showed some pop and proved his health in his return from a broken bone in his left hand, crushing two homers in his first game action in three weeks. Alonso drilled a two-run shot to left-center on the second pitch he saw. Three innings later, he ripped a solo homer to the same spot.
• Shane Bieber, RHP, UC-Santa Barbara (No. 151): Bieber tossed 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball and settled for a no-decision as UC-Santa Barbara enjoyed a walk-off win over Washington, 3-2, in 14 innings. Bieber struck out five against two walks and surrendered eight hits.
• Justin Dunn, RHP, Boston College (No. 29): Dunn racked up 11 strikeouts, a career-high, over seven innings of two-run ball to earn the win as Boston College beat Tulane, 7-2. Dunn allowed five hits and walked one.
• Andrew Knizner, C, North Carolina State (No. 195): Knizer hit a two-run homer and added a RBI-single to help NC State beat Navy, 13-8.
• Chris Okey, C, Clemson (No. 46): Okey went 3-for-3 with two homers, four RBIs, four runs scored and three walks to lead the charge for Clemson in a 24-10 rout of Western Carolina.
• Thomas Hatch, RHP, Oklahoma State (No. 81): Hatch worked seven shutout innings to earn the win as Oklahoma State blanked Nebraska, 6-0. Hatch struck out 10 against two walks and scattered six hits -- all singles. Hatch improved to 7-2 this season and raised his strikeout total to 102, becoming the 13th pitcher in school history to record at least 100 strikeouts in a single season.
• Bobby Dalbec, 3B, Arizona (No. 88): Dalbec went 2-for-4 with a solo homer in Arizona's 7-3 win over Sam Houston State. Dalbec also pitched, striking out one and recording the game's final three outs.
Baton Rouge Regional
• Jake Fraley, OF, Louisiana State (No. 89): Fraley launched a two-run homer in the first inning to help LSU beat Utah Valley, 7-1.
• Jared Poche, LHP, Louisiana State (No. 160): Poche had a strong start for the Tigers, striking out eight over six innings of one-run ball. He allowed five hits, walked none and earned the win.
• Bailey Clark, RHP, Duke (No. 155): Clark pitched five shutout innings of relief in Duke's 11-1 loss to UNC-Wilmington. Clark struck out four, walked one and allowed one hit.
Fort Worth Regional
• Mitchell Traver, RHP, Texas Christian (No. 172): Traver started and pitched five shutout winnings to earn the win as TCU blanked Oral Roberts, 7-0. Traver allowed just two hits to go along with four strikeouts and one walk.
**Austin Laymance** is a reporter for MLB.com.