TEMPE, Ariz. -- Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor, who has been sidelined for six days with a strained right oblique muscle, took full batting practice on Sunday without any problems.Odor is expected to take batting practice again on Monday, this time against real pitching rather than a coach. The Rangers
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor, who has been sidelined for six days with a strained right oblique muscle, took full batting practice on Sunday without any problems.
Odor is expected to take batting practice again on Monday, this time against real pitching rather than a coach. The Rangers aren't sure when Odor will be ready to play in a game, but it probably won't be until after Wednesday's off-day.
"He still has some steps that he needs to go through," Rangers manager Jeff Banister said.
• Spring:Tickets | Ballpark | 40-man roster | NRIs
Odor was scratched from last Tuesday's lineup because of the oblique muscle and hasn't played since. He is 2-for-6 in three Cactus League games.
• A.J. Griffin starts for the Rangers on Monday in the Cactus League game, with Chi Chi Gonzalez and Andrew Faulkner scheduled to pitch in a Minor League camp game. The Rangers have announced that Martin Perez will start on Tuesday against the Indians in Surprise. Cole Hamels and Jeremy Guthrie are scheduled to pitch in a Minor League game. Both Minor League games will be against Dodgers affiliates.
• Right-hander Sam Dyson and left-hander Jake Diekman both pitched scoreless innings in Sunday's Cactus League game against the Angels. Each have made four appearances in some kind of spring game and have not allowed a run.
• Nomar Mazara has hit safely in seven straight Cactus League games after going 2-for-3 on Sunday. He is hitting .550 for the spring.
• Ryan Rua had a triple in his only at-bat on Sunday and has 11 hits and two walks in his last 18 plate appearances, including "B" games.
• Shortstop Jurickson Profar continues to appear fully recovered from his shoulder issues. He went into the hole in the fourth inning to field C.J. Cron's grounder and threw him out from the outfield grass on Sunday.
T.R. Sullivan is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Postcards from Elysian Fields, follow him on Twitter @Sullivan_Ranger and listen to his podcast.