DETROIT - The Tigers return to Comerica Park for a seven-game homestand beginning Monday, August 15 going through Sunday, August 21 as they host the Kansas City Royals August 15-17 and the Boston Red Sox August 18-21, for three and four games, respectively.
Each of the Tigers three games against the Royals Monday, August 15 through Wednesday, August 17 are scheduled for 7:10 p.m. The Tigers close out the homestand with a four-game weekend series against the Red Sox, Thursday August 18 through Sunday, August 21.Thursday and Sunday's games against the Red Sox are scheduled for 1:10 p.m. while Friday and Saturday's games are scheduled for 7:10 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com and by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437). For complete ticket information including season, group and suites visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL (2255).
• Tigers T-Shirt Fridays: For Friday night home games now through Friday, September 23, fans can purchase this select ticket package that includes an upper infield box, a lower baseline box, a mezzanine or an upper reserved ticket and a Tigers player emoji t-shirt. Upcoming t-shirts include: Justin Verlander on Friday, August 19 vs. the Boston Red Sox. Tickets are available at tigers.com/tshirtfridays or by calling 313-471-BALL (Please note, this package is NOT available at the box office).
• Weekday Value Pack: Tickets are available for the Weekday Value Pack that includes four upper reserved tickets, four sodas, four hot dogs and four bags of chips beginning at $19 or for $24 per person at tigers.com/value or at the Tigers box office. This offer is valid Monday - Friday ONLY (excludes Saturday and Sunday games against the Boston Red Sox).
• Miller Lite Friday Night Party Packages: For every Friday night game at Comerica Park, the Detroit Tigers are offering a game ticket and a 16oz. Miller Lite*. Miller Lite Friday Night Party Packages come with a voucher redeemable for a beverage at the Miller Lite Jungle, the "Grab n Go" located behind section 146, or the Chevrolet Pavilion Patio areas. This ticket package is not eligible for print at home or digital delivery. *Voucher may also be redeemed for a non-alcoholic alternative (soda or water).
• Chevrolet Fun Zone Ticket Package: This ticket package includes an upper baseline box ticket with a voucher for a Chevrolet branded item. Vouchers can be redeemed at the ticket sales kiosk outside of section 332. This offer is valid for every Tuesday home game including August 16 against the Kansas City Royals.
Monday, August 15 vs. Kansas City Royals at 7:10 p.m. Gates Open at 5:30 p.m.
• Cornerstone Kids Day: Cornerstone Schools hosts the 11th annual "Be a Tiger for Kids" event at Comerica Park. The family-friendly event serves as a Cornerstone fundraiser to provide scholarships to families with 700 supporters scheduled to participate. Supporters and students from Cornerstone Schools will also participate in throwing the ceremonial first pitch and taking part in Kids Take the Field. Cornerstone Schools Association has a 25-year history of continued success in Detroit and is a model for urban education across the nation. Cornerstone was recently recognized as the top school in the city by Excellent Schools Detroit.
• Mario Impemba's MVP: FOX Sports Detroit broadcaster Mario Impemba continues to thank the men and women of the United States Armed Forces with the Military Veterans Program (MVP) -- Mario Impemba's salute to those who served. Through the program, Mario invites those who served and the families impacted by the service of a loved one in support of our nation to attend the first Monday home game of each month at Comerica Park. The group of 30 Veterans and guests from Vietnam Veterans of America- Chapter 310 will receive a lower-bowl ticket to the Tigers game, a "MVP" t-shirt, a voucher for a BBQ dinner and an autographed photo of Tigers broadcaster Mario Impemba. The Veterans and guests will arrive to the ballpark in style in the FOX Sports Detroit Fan Express.
• The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by Mark Mikolaiczik, representing Cornerstone.
Tuesday, August 16 vs. Kansas City Royals at 7:10 p.m. Gates Open at 5:30 p.m.
• The first 10,000 fans 18-and-older will receive a Miguel Cabrera All-Star poster, presented by Michigan Lottery.
• Sanchez's Little Smiles: Anibal Sanchez and his wife, Ana, along with the Detroit Tigers Foundation, an affiliate of Ilitch Charities, continue the program Sanchez's Little Smiles this season. During Tuesday's game, Sanchez's Little Smiles will host children and families from COTS (Coalition on Temporary Shelter). The Sanchez's Little Smiles program provides families the opportunity to escape their daily hardships and enjoy an evening together while watching Tigers baseball at Comerica Park. The participating families are selected in partnership with local charitable organizations focused on serving the needs of families faced with the challenges of caring for children with health concerns and other adversities.
• Detroit Tigers Hometown Championship Pregame Ceremony: Prior to Tuesday's game, the Tigers will honor the nine winning teams, the winners of the Pitch, Hit and Run Competition and the Home Run Challenge Champions from the Detroit Tigers Hometown Championship tournament during an on-field ceremony at Comerica Park. Joining the winning teams on the field will be nearly 1,600 players and coaches who played in the Detroit Tigers Hometown Championship as they participate in a parade of teams around the field.
• The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by Nick Craanen, representing the Detroit Tigers Hometown Championship.
• The national anthem will be performed by Abbey Hyde.
Wednesday, August 17 vs. Kansas City Royals at 7:10 p.m. Gates Open at 5:30 p.m.
• Bike Night Ticket Package: Hop on your motorcycle and ride down to Comerica Park for Bike Night! This special ticket package includes: an upper box infield, upper reserved, lower baseline box, or a mezzanine ticket, an exclusive 2016 Tigers Bike Night t-shirt, free motorcycle parking (subject to availability) and a $3.00 donation to the Michigan Law Enforcement Officers Memorial.
• The ceremonial first pitches will be thrown by Amaria Dallas, representing Pepsi and Tigers fan Trevor Pierson.
• The national anthem will be performed by the Richmond Community Choir.
• Prior to Wednesday's game, fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Grand Slam Coupon Book as they enter Comerica Park.
Thursday, August 18 vs. Boston Red Sox at 1:10 p.m. Gates Open at 11:30 a.m.
• Grandparents Day: Join the Tigers as we celebrate Grandparents Day at Comerica Park. This ticket package includes: a Upper Box Infield, Lower Baseline Box or a Mezzanine ticket, an exclusive Grandparent's Day T-Shirt and a pregame stroll on the field (Limited to the first 500 purchasers, weather permitting)
• The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by 96-year-old grandfather, great-grandfather and great-great-grandfather, Pawpaw James Baltrip.
• The national anthem will be accompanied by the United States Border Patrol Honor Guard.
Friday, August 19 vs. Boston Red Sox at 7:10 p.m. Gates Open at 5:30 p.m.
• University of Michigan Night: The Detroit Tigers along with FOX Sports Detroit and AMP Radio will host the fourth installment of their University Days series at Comerica Park. All fans who purchased the University of Michigan ticket package will receive a co-branded Detroit Tigers and University of Michigan baseball hat and a donation will be made to the Bernard "Pat" Maloy Scholarship Fund.
• Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Raffle: The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle continues at Comerica Park this season at all Friday and Saturday home games. The partner charity for this weekend's 50/50 raffle is the Play Baseball Detroit Youth Baseball Program. Tickets will be sold on a digital platform and are three for $5, 10 for $10 and 40 for $20. The winner will be announced on the Comerica Park scoreboard before the end of the game. The 50/50 Charity Raffle program has raised more than $1.3 million for charity.
• The rosin bag will be delivered to the mound by Cole Nehring, courtesy of Pepsi.
• The national anthem will be performed by Professor of Voice Daniel Washington, representing University of Michigan Night.
• Following the conclusion of Friday's game, fans can enjoy Pepsi Close for Cash and postgame fireworks, sponsored by Pepsi (weather permitting).
• Prior to Friday's game, fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Grand Slam Coupon Book as they enter Comerica Park.
Saturday, August 20 vs. Boston Red Sox at 7:10 p.m. Gates Open at 5:30 p.m.
• Victor Martinez Autograph Signing: Prior to Saturday's game, Tigers Designated Hitter Victor Martinez will sign autographs at 1:00 p.m. in The D Shop. Tickets are available in The D Shop the day of the signing and all signatures will be authenticated by Major League Baseball. For more information visit tigers.com/autographs.
• Yooper Night Ticket Package: If you're from the Upper Peninsula or just like to vacation Up North, the Tigers want you to come to Comerica Park to celebrate "Yooper Night!" This special ticket package includes: an upper box, upper reserved or mezzanine ticket and an exclusive Tigers-branded Yooper fan t-shirt.
• Verlander's Victory for Veterans: This season, for each Saturday home game, Justin Verlander hosts Veterans from Veterans Affairs Medical Centers throughout the state of Michigan. These Veterans sustained injuries or illness in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom or in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. The Veterans along with their families cheer on the Tigers from the comfort of Verlander's personal luxury suite. After serving our country, the special day provides American veterans the opportunity to enjoy a Tigers game with their family. Veterans from the Battle Creek VA Medical Center will share luxury suite tickets and parking passes in the Tigers Parking Garage. Food and beverage is provided for the guests courtesy of Verlander. Veterans receive a personalized welcome letter from Verlander, a Verlander's Victory for Veterans t-shirt and a Wins for Warriors baseball cap.
• The ceremonial first pitches will be thrown by singer, song writer and Grammy Award winner, Ashanti, who is performing at The Sound Board at MotorCity Casino Hotel on Saturday night, Richard Aridi, representing Great Lakes Wine and Spirits (GLWAS), Gary Fick, representing MillerCoors and Nichelee Chezick, representing Bank of America.
• The national anthem will be performed by vocalist Daniel Passino from season 10 of NBC's The Voice.
• Following the game, fans can participate in postgame trivia and enjoy Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Pepsi (weather permitting).
Sunday, August 21 vs. Boston Red Sox at 1:10 p.m. Gates Open at 11:30 a.m.
• All kids 14-and-under will receive a Nick Castellanos poster, courtesy of Meijer.
• All Sunday home games are Chevy Youth Baseball Sunday Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-under will receive a free promotional item as part of the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" giveaway guarantee, enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, take part in free face painting and hang out with the Tigers Party Patrol at the Big Cat Court. Across from the Big Cat Court next to the Kids Club Station, select kids will have the chance to win Chevy Silverado Power Wheels (two giveaways each Sunday). Following the game, all kids 14-and-under are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina, weather permitting.
• Golf Day Ticket Package at Comerica Park!: If your ideal summer consists of trips to Comerica Park and the golf course, the Detroit Tigers have a ticket package for you. This special ticket package includes: an upper box infield, mezzanine or lower baseline box ticket and a Detroit Tigers "Poker Chip" Ball Marker.
• The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by John Gruber, representing Frito Lay.
• The national anthem and God Bless America will be performed by vocalist Rachel Miltimore.
• For traffic updates fans can find alerts and alternative routes at tigers.com and visit tigers.com/ballparkapp to download the MLB.com Ballpark app., and fans can follow @tigers on Twitter.
• The Detroit Tigers recommend tuning to WWJ 950 AM for up-to-the-minute updates on traffic alerts and closures.
• Fans can also check with the Michigan Department of Transportation and the City of Detroit Department of Transportation for real-time road closures and detours at www.michigan.gov/mdot and download the Mi Drive app. and you can also visit www.m-1rail.com.
PAWS TRACKS TO COMERICA PARK:
• Please remember to avoid delays, it's best to arrive early to Comerica Park.
• Traffic patterns may be modified at the discretion of law enforcement agencies.
• Tigers gameday and event traffic patterns go into effect a minimum of three hours prior to start time.