ANAHEIM, CA -- The Angels host their fifth homestand after an eight-game road trip to Oakland and Seattle, with a makeup game pit stop in Chicago. The homestand opens on Tuesday, June 4th, at 7:07 p.m., with an inter-division series against the Athletics and concludes on Tuesday, June 11th, with the annual Freeway Series against the Dodgers. Below is a look at the notable events and ceremonies taking place at Angels Stadium over the next eight days.
- Each night of the Oakland series, June 4th through 6th, local high school CIF Champions will be honored prior to game-time for their academic and athletic achievements.
- Wednesday, June 5th the 2019 Los Angeles Chargers draft picks will throw out an honorary first pitch.
- Thursday, June 6th, professional boxer Ryan Garcia will throw out the honorary first pitch.
- Monday, June 10th, FC Bayern Hall of Famer Lothar Matthäus will be on hand to throw out the honorary first pitch.
- Saturday, June 8th, Laguna Beach Schools will be celebrated in Laguna Beach Schools Night by participating in pre-game and game time activities.
- Saturday, June 8th, University of La Verne will also be celebrated in the Gate 5 Courtyard from 5pm until the 6th inning.
- On Saturday, June 8th, fans will be treated to a post-game fireworks display, courtesy of Wells Fargo.
LITTLE LEAGUE & FAMILY SUNDAY
- On Sunday, June 9th, local little leaguers will be celebrated for their participation in youth baseball. The festivities continue post-game, with family Sunday fun and the opportunity for kids to run the bases.
GIVEAWAYS (while supplies last)
Upon entrance to the Friday, June 7th game, the first 30,000 fans in attendance will receive a Leather Logo Hat, presented by Youtheory.