After a quick weekend road trip, the Kansas City Royals return home to host a three-game homestand against the Tampa Bay Rays (August 28-30). Fans can look forward to the Brisket-Acho t-shirt on August 29 and the final Bark at the Park of the season on August 30. Tomorrow, August 26,
After a quick weekend road trip, the Kansas City Royals return home to host a three-game homestand against the Tampa Bay Rays (August 28-30). Fans can look forward to the Brisket-Acho t-shirt on August 29 and the final Bark at the Park of the season on August 30.
Tomorrow, August 26, Royals Charities will host the annual 5K Run/Walk at Kauffman Stadium with an 8 a.m. start time. Participants can pick up the packets today from noon to 7 p.m. at the Price Chopper located at 1030 W. 103rd St., Kansas City, Mo., 64114, or on race day from 6 to 7 a.m. at Rivals Sports Bar located in right field at The K. Registration is $35, and all proceeds benefit Royals Charities. For more information, visit www.royals.com/run.
Monday, August 28 - Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Price Chop Mondays - On Mondays, View Reserved tickets are just $10 (subject to availability), courtesy of Price Chopper. For more information, visit www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, August 29 - Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Hosmer hosts Big Brothers, Big Sisters - Eric Hosmer will host select participants from the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City program. The first baseman will meet the group during Royals batting practice.
· "C" You at The K - Royals General Manager Dayton Moore, together with the "C" You in the Major Leagues Foundation (CYITML) and the Royals, will host area groups to join him at select games this season. The special guests will watch batting practice, enjoy dinner with Moore and watch the Royals game. The CYITML Foundation started in January 2014 to support youth baseball, education, faith-based organizations and events and families in crisis throughout the greater Kansas City area and beyond.
· 50/50 Raffle presented by Edelman & Thompson - A portion of the proceeds from the Royals Charities fundraiser during the game will benefit ALS. For more information, visit www.royals.com/5050.
· T-Shirt Tuesday: Brisket-Acho - The first 10,000 fans will receive a "Brisket-Acho" t-shirt, courtesy of Pepsi (photo attached).
· Healthcare Services Night - The Kansas City Royals are excited to host the first Healthcare Services Night. Fans who purchased the sold-out ticket packages for this event will receive limited-edition Royals scrub tops that can be picked up on the day of the game inside Gate B.
Wednesday, August 30 - Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Dream Factory - Throughout the season, the Royals grant the wishes of Dream Factory children. These youngsters, who face life-altering challenges, will meet Royals players, watch batting practice from the dugout and enjoy the game and refreshments. Their Royals experience appears on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10 p.m. newscast.
· "C" You at The K - Dayton Moore will host another set of youth at the ballpark.
· Bark at the Park presented by Boehringer Ingelheim - The Royals host the third and final Bark at the Park event of the season. Fans who purchased Theme Tickets for the sold-out event will receive a human and canine game ticket (located in lower level left field corner) and a collapsible silicone dog bowl. A $5 donation from the Theme Ticket purchase will benefit KC Pet Project through Royals Charities. Prior to the game, fans can visit a number of vendors and activities set up in the left field concourse inside Gate A beginning at 5:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.royals.com/themetickets.
· Student Night presented by INK Magazine - Outfield Plaza or View Reserved tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $10. Select tickets are also available online at www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. A special pregame Happy Hour, a hot dog and 12-ounce beer or 24-ounce soda for just $8, will be available at the Boulevard Hop Stop or Radler Station (located by the Outfield Experience stage) from the time gates open until 15 minutes before first pitch.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Price Chopper stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.