- Deaf Awareness Night (Friday, April 26, 6:30 p.m., @ Nationals Park)
The Nationals are raising awareness for the deaf and hard of hearing community this Friday with the inaugural Deaf Awareness Night. Gallaudet University student Tara Miles will perform the National Anthem in American Sign Language and members of the Gallaudet baseball team will participate in pregame ceremonies.
- U.S. Navy Day (Wednesday, May 1, 6:30 p.m., @ Nationals Park)
As part of the Nationals Military Branch Day Series, join us at Nationals Park as we honor and celebrate the U.S. Navy. Representatives from the U.S. Navy will participate in the pregame ceremonies and be special guests of the Nationals. Highlights will include:
- Musician Petty Officer First Class Maia Rodriguez, U.S. Navy Band, will perform the National Anthem and God Bless America
- Ceremonial first pitch thrown by Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, Russel Smith
- Kids Watch Giveaway presented by Harris Teeter (Sunday, April 28)
- Expandable Beach Bag Giveaway presented by Kaiser Permanente (Tuesday, May 2)
Fun for Fans
- Fireworks Friday presented by Budweiser (Friday, April, 26)
- Pups in the Park presented by Budweiser (Saturday, April 27)
- Kids Opening Day – A variety of kid-friendly activities will be available (Sunday, April 28)
- Kids Run the Bases (Sunday, April 28)
- NatsHunt - Fans can use their smartphones to find augmented reality “Nats Stops” around Nationals Park and unlock exclusive deals when they uncover the last stop
- #NatsParkEats – Fans are encouraged to use #NatsParkEats on social media when showing off their favorite food items at Nationals Park for a chance to win prizes and appear on NatsHD!
What to Watch For
Ryan Zimmerman enters the homestand needing ONE RBI to reach the 1000 RBI mark for his career. Zimmerman would be the first player to record his 1000th RBI in a Nationals uniform.
Entering the homestand Max Scherzer needs seven strikeouts to become the 35th player in Major League Baseball history (4th active) to reach the 2,500 strikeout mark for his career.
Adam Eaton enters the homestand with a 10-game hitting streak, needing a hit in three more consecutive games to tie his personal career best.