The Orioles today announced plans for Fan Appreciation Weekend, which will be held Friday, September 22, through Sunday, September 24, when the Orioles host the Tampa Bay Rays for the final four-game series of the 2017 regular season. The weekend will feature exclusive giveaways, fireworks, and other opportunities for fans
The Orioles today announced plans for Fan Appreciation Weekend, which will be held Friday, September 22, through Sunday, September 24, when the Orioles host the Tampa Bay Rays for the final four-game series of the 2017 regular season. The weekend will feature exclusive giveaways, fireworks, and other opportunities for fans to enjoy unforgettable experiences at Oriole Park.
As a "thank you" to fans for their support throughout the season, the Orioles will surprise the most-spirited fans at each game with prizes, including Orioles prize packs and autographed items. Randomly-selected fans will also have the chance to enjoy unique experiences over the weekend including opportunities to take the field with the Orioles starters for the national anthem, enjoy behind the scenes tours of Oriole Park, deliver the lineup card, or throw the ceremonial first pitch. Fans will also be able to interact with Orioles players as they swap roles with Orioles employees around the ballpark prior to Saturday night's game, and pre-selected fans will participate with Orioles players in a "Shirts Off Our Backs" Jersey Ceremony presented by Snapple before the series opener on Friday night. Following Friday's game, fans can also enjoy fireworks, set to music previously selected by fans on social media. Additionally, throughout the weekend, a special Fan Appreciation filter will be available on Snapchat.
Fan Appreciation Weekend will once again include sweepstakes and opportunities for fans to win prizes via the Orioles social media accounts. Fans should follow @Orioles on Twitter for instructions on how to enter. The entire Fan Appreciation Weekend schedule includes:
Friday, September 22
Saturday, September 23
Sunday, September 24 - Kids Fan Appreciation Day
- All fans ages 14 & under will receive an Oriole Bird Bobblehead Toothbrush Holder presented by United Concordia Dental.
- One lucky child will randomly be selected to throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
- Nine kids will be selected to take the field with the starters for the National Anthem.
- One child will be selected to announce "Play Ball!" which will officially begin the regular season home finale.
- A face painter and balloon twister will be located in the Kids Corner from when gates open until 3 p.m.
- During the game, spirited fans will receive autographed items and prizes.
- All fans ages 4 to 14 get the chance to participate in Kids Run the Bases presented by Weis Markets after the game.
- A special Fan Appreciation Snapchat filter will be available for use in the Snapchat app.
- All fans who check in through the MLB.com Ballpark App will receive a 15 percent off MLB.com Shop offer.