During the cold Canadian winter months, summer nostalgia is felt regularly – a crisp green field, the crack of a bat, and cheering “Let’s Go Blue Jays!” side-by-side. The Toronto Blue Jays are calling all fans from coast-to-coast-to-coast to come together virtually this year for Virtual Winter Week presented by TD, to celebrate and share the game we all love.
Running from Monday, Feb. 1 to Saturday, Feb. 6, Virtual Winter Week will feature many of the fan-favourite events and community givebacks from Winter Tour and Fest, adapted so that fans across the country can get involved. Highlights include:
- Virtual autograph sessions with current players and alumni, including Cavan Biggio, Danny Jansen, Nate Pearson, J.P. Arencibia, Pat Borders, Shawn Green, Shannon Stewart, Dave Stieb, and Devon White
- Fans can get their tickets to virtual autograph sessions on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Thursday, Jan. 21 at 10 a.m. EST at bluejays.com/virtualwinterweek
- Fan giveaways and interactive games on @BlueJays social and by downloading the MLB Ballpark App
- Virtual Q&A with Mark Shapiro, Ross Atkins, and Charlie Montoyo – stay tuned to @BlueJays on social to submit your question
- Virtual school visits – schools across Canada are encouraged to enter at bluejays.com/virtualwinterweek for a chance to win an online drop-in with a current Blue Jays player
A cornerstone of Blue Jays Winter Tour has always been showing our appreciation for the communities that support the team all season long. For Virtual Winter Week, Jays Care Foundation and TD will make a combined $30,000 donation to Ronald McDonald House Charities serving British Columbia & Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Toronto, and Newfoundland & Labrador, to provide the items they are most in need of, including prepared meals, cleaning supplies, games, and technology.
In addition, Jays Care is sharing its Challenger Baseball program with athletes across the country through a virtual National Jamboree! Taking place on Saturday, Feb. 6, the event invites people of all abilities to participate in safe and fun recreational programs that improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
Since 2011, Winter Tour presented by TD has visited more than 20 Canadian cities across the country, including Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Fredericton, Halifax, and St. John’s. Winter Fest presented by TD and hosted at Rogers Centre in Toronto, began in 2018.
For complete event information, please visit bluejays.com/virtualwinterweek and download the MLB Ballpark App at the App Store or Google Play.