KANSAS CITY, MO (July 11, 2019) – The Kansas City Royals will host the Detroit Tigers (July 12-14) and Chicago White Sox (July 15-18). This Saturday morning, Royals Senior VP-Baseball Operations/General Manager Dayton Moore’s “C” You In The Major Leagues Crown Town Wiffle event will culminate at ‘The K’. Please see below for more details.
Friday, July 12 – Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- KCP&L VIP Kids – The Royals and KCP&L will host foster care children and their families to select games throughout the season. Each child from Drumm Farm will receive complimentary tickets, a special t-shirt and a free meal courtesy of ARAMARK and Papa John’s Pizza. The special guests will also participate in a meet-and-greet with a Royals player before the game.
- Crown Town Wiffle Weekend - The “C” You In The Major Leagues Foundation, founded by Royals Senior VP-Baseball Operations/General Manager Dayton Moore, is hosting the Crown Town Wiffle Weekend event. The adult wiffle ball game and leadership luncheon will take place at the Kansas City Urban Youth Academy on Friday and at The Little K at Kauffman Stadium on Saturday. Royals alumni will join Moore and hundreds of participants throughout the two-day event. The lunch on Friday is scheduled for 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., followed by wiffle ball games throughout the afternoon and evening. For more information, see www.cyouinthemajorleagues.org/Wiffle
- Green Team – During select games throughout the season, local organizations and volunteers who sign up to be a part of the Royals Green Team, sponsored by Republic Services, will help collect aluminum and recyclable plastics at the stadium gates and throughout from the stands. For more information, see royals.com/greenteam.
Saturday, July 13 – Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
- Crown Town Wiffle Weekend - The “C” You In The Major Leagues Foundation’s event will continue on Saturday morning at The Little K at Kauffman Stadium. The two championship games will start at 8 a.m., and a sponsor/celebrity game will take place starting at 10 a.m. For more information, see www.cyouinthemajorleagues.org/Wiffle
- Kennedy to host Group from Team Red, White & Blue – For the third straight season, on each Saturday home game, pitcher Ian Kennedy and his wife, Allison, host a group in a fully-catered Dugout Suite. This day, guests from Team Red, White & Blue will meet Kennedy prior to the game, and each guest will receive a special gift from the family.
Sunday, July 14 – Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
- Women’s Cancer Awareness Day – Fans are invited to visit Gate D to learn about the importance of cancer screenings, the link between gynecologic and breast cancers and why the Women’s Cancer Center at The University of Kansas Cancer Center is the only program of its kind in the region.
Monday, July 15 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- **Kansas RBI Night **–The Royals will host participants from the Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) of Kansas for a special night at Kauffman Stadium. The kids will receive complimentary tickets and food.
Tuesday, July 16 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- **KCMO RBI Night **–The Royals will host participants from the Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) of KCMO for a special night at Kauffman Stadium. The kids will receive complimentary tickets and food.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City SportsFest – The Royals will support SportsFest, a fundraiser for sports programing offered by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City. Starting at 3:30 p.m. at the Arrowhead Stadium North Club, the event will include a reception, silent auction and a program featuring a conversation with soccer legend Mia Hamm. All guests will also receive tickets to the Chicago White Sox vs. Royals game compliments of the team.
- **50/50 Raffle presented by Edelman & Thompson **–A portion of the proceeds from the daily Royals Charities fundraiser will benefit Charlie’s House. Fans located in Missouri can also participate in the raffle on-line at www.royals.com/5050.
Wednesday, July 17 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Clinic with Baseball Fantasy Camp for Kids – Royals Charities has partnered with Baseball Fantasy Camp for Kids for a fifth year to host a youth clinic for approximately 40 children with special needs. Each child will receive a personalized jersey and take part in a clinic with stations led by current Royals players, coaches and Royals alumni. The event will take place at The Little K at Kauffman Stadium beginning at 1:15 p.m.
· Dream Factory – Throughout the season, the Royals grant the wishes of Dream Factory children. These youngsters, who face life-altering challenges, will meet Royals players, watch batting practice from the dugout and enjoy the game and refreshments. Their Royals experience appears on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10 p.m. newscast.
Thursday, July 18 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 12:15 p.m.
For more information, members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.