Rockies Foundation expands charitable outreach
DENVER – The Colorado Rockies Baseball Club Foundation is the charitable arm of the Rockies organization, tasked with the mission of supporting underprivileged and at-risk youth. The foundation engages youth through programs that encourage youth baseball and softball participation, emphasize the importance of education and literacy and raise awareness towards the prevention of drug and alcohol abuse. Since 1993, the CRBC Foundation has granted over $30 million to agencies, organizations and programs that support the foundation’s mission. In addition, the Rockies take pride in hosting members of the community at Coors Field, having donated close to two million tickets to numerous non-profit organizations throughout the region.
Here are some of the ways that Rockies fans can donate to the Rockies Foundation during the 2019 season:
• 50/50 Raffle - Fans can purchase raffle tickets at Coors Field during every Rockies home game with the chance to win a cash prize, while a portion of the proceeds go to the Rockies Foundation.
• Round Up for Charity - Fans can round up their purchase amount at Coors Field concession/merchandise stands to the next dollar, with the differential going to the Rockies Foundation.
• Online Ticket Purchases - When fans purchase tickets at Rockies.com, they have the opportunity to add a donation amount of their choosing to the Rockies Foundation.
• June 27 Rockies Charity Night with AT&T SportsNet - The Thursday, June 27 game vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers will be dedicated to raising funds for the Rockies Foundation. Fans will be able to purchase backpacks filled with exclusive Rockies items, including player autographs.
• Rockies Field Tours - 100% of every tour ticket sold goes directly to the Rockies Foundation.
• Rockies 5K Home Run for Charity - This annual run/walk around Lower Downtown that concludes with a lap around the Coors Field warning track takes place on June 9 with net proceeds going to the Rockies Foundation.
• Rockies License Plates - Rockies signature license plates are available at your Colorado DMV, and the one-time donation of $52.80 goes directly to the Rockies foundation.