The Kansas City Royals will return home to host two West Coast teams, the Seattle Mariners (April 9-11) and Los Angeles Angels (April 12-15). The Club will host its first 50th Season Weekend with a focus on Stadium History. In conjunction with the weekend, fans can pick up a replica Municipal
The Kansas City Royals will return home to host two West Coast teams, the Seattle Mariners (April 9-11) and Los Angeles Angels (April 12-15). The Club will host its first 50th Season Weekend with a focus on Stadium History. In conjunction with the weekend, fans can pick up a replica Municipal Stadium (April 14). Also, the first GordoNation of the season will take place (April 12). Please note, the game on Wednesday, April 11 is a 1:15 p.m. first pitch. See below for more details.
Monday, April 9 - Seattle Mariners vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Price Chop Mondays - On Mondays, View Reserved tickets are just $10 (subject to availability), courtesy of Price Chopper. For more information, visitwww.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, April 10 - Seattle Mariners vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
Wednesday, April 11 - Seattle Mariners vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· Student Night presented by INK - Outfield Plaza or View Reserved tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $10. Select tickets are also available online atwww.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. A special pregame Happy Hour, a hot dog and 12-ounce beer or 24-ounce soda for just $8, will be available at the Boulevard Hop Stop or Radler Station (located by the Outfield Experience stage) from the time gates open until 15 minutes before first pitch.
· Local Music Showcase presented by INK - Catch a free pregame concert on us! Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing during this showcase will be Herman Mehari Quartet. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Thursday, April 12 - Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· GordoNation - Fans can enjoy being a part of GordoNation, a special seating section in left field reserved for die-hard Alex Gordon fans on Thursday home games in April, August and September. Fans who purchase Theme Tickets for the event will receive a seat in the Outfield sections in left field, an Alex Gordon big head and an exclusive premium GordoNation t-shirt that is only available in April (photo attached). There will also be an Alex Gordon green screen photo opportunity for purchases. For details, visit www.royals.com/themetickets.
Friday, April 13 - Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Autism Awareness Night - The Royals join Major League Baseball in raising awareness for autism by hosting Autism Awareness Night. Throughout the evening, the Royals will highlight new initiatives that have been added to the stadium, including Quiet Zones and Exceptional Concession Stands to provide a more inclusive environment. The First Pitch, Buck O'Neil Legacy Seat the "Play Ball" kid and "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" will all recognize autism awareness. Several displays will have information and activities available in the Outfield Experience.
Saturday, April 14 - Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
· 50th Season Weekend: Stadium History - The Royals have called just two ballparks "home," and during this weekend, the Royals will take a look at Municipal Stadium and Kauffman Stadium and what made them so special. The Club will look back at the history of Municipal Stadium with special presentations, videos and trivia during the pregame show and in-game events. Royals alumni, including John Mayberry, Steve Busby, Fred Patek and Whitey Herzog will appear throughout the weekend. To see a full list of alumni scheduled to appear and find out more information about the 50thSeason Weekends, please go to www.royals.com/50.
· Municipal Stadium Replica - In conjunction with the 50th Season Weekend, the first 10,000 fans will get a replica of Municipal Stadium (photo attached), courtesy of Price Chopper and Pepsi.
· 610 Saturday - The Royals have again teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for 610 Saturdays featuring live pregame broadcasts with 610 Sports Royals Insider Josh Vernier and special guests from the studio at Gate A in Left Field. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Food Special - Pretzel Poppers - for just $6.10 in Rivals Sports Bar from the time gates open until the first pitch. Follow 610 Sports Radio on Facebook for the coupon code to purchase special 610 discounted View Level tickets. For more information, visit www.royals.com/610Saturday.
Sunday, April 15 - Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· 50th Season Weekend: Stadium History continues with focus on Kauffman Stadium
· Family FunDay Sunday presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors - Each Sunday home game features free pregame interactives, entertainment for kids, plus face painters and caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. All Day Play passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience can be purchased for $10. Fans have the opportunity to get pregame autographs from select players by the Royals dugout from 11:45 a.m. to 12:05 p.m. Starting at 12:15 p.m., fans can also get autographs from Royals alumni in the Royals Hall of Fame. Following the game, kids 14 and under run the bases for free, presented by the Kansas City Zoo. For more information, visit www.royals.com/sunday.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Price Chopper stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.