The Kansas City Royals will return home for a weekend series against the Minnesota Twins (June 30-July 2). Fans can pick up many great giveaway items, including a Patriotic Baseball Cap (July 1, 1:15 p.m.), Kelvin Herrera bobblehead (July 1, 7:35 p.m.) and a children's book (July 2). The evening
The Kansas City Royals will return home for a weekend series against the Minnesota Twins (June 30-July 2). Fans can pick up many great giveaway items, including a Patriotic Baseball Cap (July 1, 1:15 p.m.), Kelvin Herrera bobblehead (July 1, 7:35 p.m.) and a children's book (July 2). The evening game on Saturday is the rescheduled Royals-Twins game from April 29 that was postponed due to rain. Tickets are required for both games. Fans attending both games will leave the stadium after Game 1 and re-enter. Those fans leaving the sports complex between games will charged for parking for the evening game.
Please see below for more details on homestand and community events.
Friday, June 30 - Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Buck Night - On Fridays during the summer, fans can enjoy Buck Night as hot dogs and peanuts are just $1 each, courtesy of Heinz and Price Chopper. Visit www.royals.com/fanvalue.
· Summer Fireworks - Catch a spectacular fireworks show following the game, presented by Popsicle and Price Chopper.
Saturday, July 1 - Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· 610 Saturday - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for 610 Saturdays featuring live pregame broadcasts with 610 Sports Royals Insider Josh Vernier and special guests from the studio at Gate A in Left Field. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Food Special - Pepperoni Pizza Rolls - for just $6.10 in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch of both games. Follow 610 Sports Radio on Facebook for the coupon code to purchase special 610 discounted View Level tickets. For more information, visit www.royals.com/610Saturday.
· Patriotic Baseball Cap - The first 10,000 fans will receive a patriotic Royals baseball cap, courtesy of Brown & Crouppen (photo attached).
· Kennedys Host Charity Groups - Pitcher Ian Kennedy and his wife, Allison, host a different community group in a fully-catered Dugout Suite during each Saturday home game. This game, the Kennedys will host families from SAFE. Their guests will watch batting practice from the suite and visit with Kennedy prior to the game. The Kennedys also will give each guest a special Royals gift.
Saturday, July 1- Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:35 p.m. (Rescheduled game from April 29 postponement)
· Memorable Moments Bobblehead Series: Kelvin Herrera - The first 20,000 fans will receive a bobblehead of Royals closer Kelvin Herrera, depicted from his relief appearance in Game 5 of the 2015 World Series, courtesy of Sonic (photo attached).
· Kennedys Host Charity Groups - For Game 2, the Kennedys will host families from City Union Mission Men's Center.
· The University of Kansas Hospital Awareness Night - The Royals and The University of Kansas Hospital are proud to partner to bring Parkinson's Disease Awareness Night to Kauffman Stadium. Fans can learn about Parkinson's Disease through interactive displays and distributed information. Honorees associated with the initiative will take part in the first pitch ceremony and the Buck O'Neil Legacy Seat program.
Sunday, July 2 - Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· Raised Royal Children's Book - The first 5,000 kids, 14 and under, will receive a special bilingual Raised Royal Children's Book, courtesy of Popsicle.
· KidsFest presented by Popsicle - Before the game, kids and all fans who are young at heart can enjoy free entertainment and activities in the Outfield Experience, including interactive kids music and dancing at the stage, an autograph session with Sluggerrr, face painters, balloon artist, a living statue, juggler, crazy-hair stylist, poster making station and plenty more! All gates open at 11:30 a.m. For more information, visit www.royals.com/kidsfest.
· Kids Run the Show presented by Wonder Bread & Price Chopper - This event will feature young Royals fans who have been pre-selected to help run the Royals game! Children between the ages of five and 14 will assist the grounds crew, broadcasters, K-Crew and more on this memorable day at The K.
· Family FunDay Sunday presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors - Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment plus face painters and caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. Fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs from select players by the Royals dugout. Following the game, Kids 14 and under run the bases for free, presented by the Kansas City Zoo. For more information, visit www.royals.com/sunday
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Price Chopper stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.