The massive bubble blown by Andrew Cashner on Sunday was impressive for its size, but the Padres starter had the advantage of a sedentary position in San Diego's dugout while producing it.
Other MLB players have shown incredible multitasking skills when it comes to chewing gum. Here are just a few of the things they can do while bubble-blowing:
1. Get ready to hit.
3. Practice hitting.
4. Watch others practice hitting.
5. Run (hustling).
6. Run (home run trotting).
8. Discuss their at bat in the dugout.
9. Get ready on defense.
10. Make the throw on defense.
11. Make the tag on defense.
14. Make the acrobatic throw while catching.
15. Convene on the mound.
18. Get checked by the trainer.
19. Keep score.
22. Shag balls on '80s night.
23. Get knowingly pranked by their teammates.
24. Or, not so knowingly.
25. Team up with a fan.
27. Pop their bubble and get ready to do it again.
28. Just make sure the rest of the gum isn't wasted.