Starting Nine: Avila, Tigers roar back in ninth
1. Major League Baseball's investigation into the link between the now-shuttered Biogenesis anti-aging clinic and performance-enhancing substances provided to more than a dozen players culminated in Monday's announcement that 13 players have been suspended, including Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez. Rodriguez will appeal his 211-game suspension and returned to the Yankees lineup Monday night.
2. The Tigers were shut out by Indians pitchers for eight innings on Monday night and Cleveland held a 2-0 lead going into the ninth. And then Victor Martinez doubled home Prince Fielder for one run. After that, Alex Avila put the Tigers up for good with this little number.
3. Trevor Plouffe don't care 'bout no railings!
4. Always dreamed of playing at Fenway Park? Yeah, well, it's probably not happening. But hey, you might be able to play at this mini replica in Vermont.
5. The Giants celebrated Grateful Dead Tribute Night yesterday and, of course, Bill Walton was there.
6. Late-night Twitter convos, Vine video hugs ... Yes, Matt Harvey and Freddie Freeman are officially BFFs.
7. A guy proposed to his girlfriend at a Minor League baseball game this past weekend. She said "No."
8. When batting in the KBO, remember to bow before Chan Ho Park:
9. JaVale McGee likes to scare random people with horns.