Starting Nine: Soaring Heyward
Many things are happening -- on Cut4, in baseball and out there in the rest of the world. Here are nine you need to know about today.
1. The Mets were ready to walk-off against the Braves on Monday and then -- Jason Heyward.
Craig Kimbrel was very happy.
2. Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun was suspended for the remainder of the 2013 season on Monday for violations of Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. Said Braun: "As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions."
3. The Trade Deadline is fast approaching and the Rangers beefed up their pitching staff by acquiring Cubs starter Matt Garza. Garza has a 3.17 ERA this season and is extremely photogenic:
4. Almost as photogenic as Brian Dozier:
6. Here's an Elephant crashing a wedding:
7. This Minor League team celebrated "Christmas in July" by wearing Santa suits for uniforms:
8. Jerry Narron's grandson does not care that he's 3 years old. He will throw his first pitch from the mound and no one will tell him he can't.
9. Alex Trebek turned 73 yesterday, so here's this: