Starting Nine: Didi, D-backs squeeze by Nationals
1. Patrick Corbin and Stephen Strasburg each allowed two runs through seven innings on Thursday, and the D-backs and Nats went into the 11th tied 3-3. Then Didi "Squeeze Me [not his real nickname]" Gregorius did his thing:
2. Michael Cuddyer set a Rockies record by hitting safely in his 24th consecutive game on Thursday. Just 32 more, Michael ...
3. We hope you didn't have this much trouble during your National Sunglasses Day festivities:
4. Take note -- every single fan should dance like this after catching a baseball:
5. Zoilo Almonte's baseball broke through the fourth wall on Wednesday night, and it kind of reminded us of this Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode:
6. Beards ... If you grow one, home run balls will come.
8. First Ray Allen left, then Doc Rivers, and as of Thursday, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce were traded away to the Nets. Besides Rondo, the lead characters from the Celtics '08 title are all ... gone:
9. Horse loses jockey, wins race:
-- Cut4 Staff