Alex Gordon slams full-speed into left-field wall to make a catch, would do nearly anything for an out
In the fifth inning of the Royals' ALCS clincher against the Orioles, J.J. Hardy sent a ball rocketing to left field that very nearly tied the game at two -- if only Alex Gordon hadn't been there to make the catch at the warning track, slamming his body into the left-field wall in the process.
The GIF doesn't really do it justice, though. You need the sound to truly get the full effect. Plus, this isn't even the first time he's put his body in harm's way for an out.
In fact, we're pretty confident Gordon would do practically anything if it meant getting an out. So we compiled a short list:
- Complete the atomic hot wing challenge at his favorite chicken wing joint
- Run with the bulls in Pamplona
- Swim across the English Channel
- Stay on-hold with the cable company's customer service hotline until his issue is settled
- Perform all twelve labors of Hercules
- Challenge Billy Butler to a foot race (but not win, because that's impossible)
- Complete an EGOT
- Not cry while reading The Fault in Our Stars
- Swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon
- Watch The Lord of the Rings director's cut DVDs back-to-back-to-back in one sitting
... We could go on. The list of things Alex Gordon would do for an out is infinite.