The winter/spring of 2020 marks the ninth year of the Play Ball! Minnesota Coach and Parent Clinics program. Created by Play Ball! Minnesota Ambassador Brian Raabe, the program serves as a way for Play Ball! Minnesota to help increase coaching skills and promote the importance of coaching youth. Let us help your coaches gain the necessary skills to make create a positive and fun environment for kids.
The Play Ball! Minnesota Coach and Parent Clinics are free for communities to host and free for coaches to attend. These clinics are excellent for coaches of all experience levels; there are three levels of clinics based on the age range of players.
Funding for the Play Ball! Minnesota Coaches' Clinics is provided by the Twins Community Fund. Play Ball! Minnesota provides all the instruction equipment needed.
Hosting a clinic is free and easy! Host communities/organizations do the following:
- Collaborate with Play Ball! Minnesota on clinic date and time;
- Collaborate with Play Ball! Minnesota on a clinic format that best fits your needs;
- Secure a venue large enough to accommodate the number of attendees;
- Promote the clinic to the coaches and parents in their organization or community.
Play Ball! Minnesota Coach and Parent Clinics are designed to teach coaching techniques in all of the key aspects of the game. We urge parents to attend the clinic as well as coaches, so that parents can understand the techniques and drills that their kids are practicing. While it is not possible for every coach or parent to know everything about the game, it is a responsibility to have general fundamental knowledge to be an effective teacher and mentor.
Play Ball! Minnesota is currently seeking host communities for the 2020 season.
Coach and Parent Clinic Levels
Three levels of clinics are available for organizations/communities to host, and communities may host more than one level. Play Ball! Minnesota will work with you to determine what best fits your needs.
- Beginner Player Level: Coaching ages 5-8
- Developmental Player Level: Coaching ages 9-12
- Advanced Player Level: Coaching ages 14-18