As we approach the New Year, it's a time to embrace the future and dream of what can be.
So while we wait for that perfect February day when pitchers and catchers report, we celebrate the advent of 2015 with our hottest of takes: 10 absolutely rock-solid predictions for what the upcoming season will bring.
2. The Royals will win 90+ games next season ... all in extra innings.
3. With rumors being reported by teenagers and Dads in ham stores, 2015 will feature story that has been broken by a prophetic dream.
5. Reports of a nighttime rooftop-dwelling vigilante will break out in the Pittsburgh area and no one will know who it is.
6. Inspired by an Andrelton Simmons diving catch, astronomers will build a giant asteroid-catching Andrelton Simmons that will save the earth countless times over the next three decades.
8. Adam Dunn will come out of retirement. But as a pitcher, not a hitter.
9. Stirrup socks will be all the rage.
10. Clayton Kershaw will throw a slider that exists in five different dimensions (As noted in "Interstellar," the fifth dimension is love).