Starting Nine: Cheaper by the dozen
1. Red Sox starter John Lackey tied a career-high 12 whiffs on Wednesday, allowing only two runs over seven innings in a 5-3 win over the Rockies.
You get a strikeout. And you get a strikeout! Everybody gets a strikeout!
2. Oh, Muni, we hardly knew ye. The effervescent Blue Jays shortstop has been optioned to Triple-A Buffalo ... but not before leaving us with a gem of goodbye interview:
3. A badass catch + a tasty snack food = a much-deserved moment of celebration.
4. Freddie Freeman makes fielding a foul ball look like vintage Michael Jackson choreography:
5. BREAKING: Humans are better baseball players than chimps. Thanks, science!
6. We keep seeing headlines about a Puig and Wimbledon. Maybe it looks something like this?
7. Sixty newly minted U.S. citizens were naturalized at Comerica Park on Wednesday. High fives for America!
8. What would Mad Men look like if you crossed it with The O.C.? Well, this:
-- Cut4 Staff