Before purchasing any MLB.TV or Gameday Audio product, please review our system requirements below. If your desktop or laptop does not meet these requirements, you will not be able to use our products and/or will not receive the highest quality stream. For information on accessing your MLB.TV or MLB.TV Single Team subscription on devices other than your PC, see the Subscription Access FAQ and the MLB.TV Connected Devices FAQ.
MLB.com runs in most current Internet browsers and operating systems. To watch or listen to MLB.com video and/or current MLB.TV, MLB.TV Single Team, Postseason.TV, and/or Gameday Audio content, you need the most current Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer. Some features may be limited or unavailable if you are running a configuration that is not recommended. The following profiles are recommended for a standard MLB.com experience.
System Requirements for MLB.TV Media Player 5.0
Updated Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Mac OSX 10.8 - 10.12, Chrome OS (most recent version only). For each operating system version, we recommend the latest update for that version be installed. We do not support out-of-date minor versions of any supported OS.
Browser Versions: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari (We recommend most recent versions of each browser).
Minimum Connection Speed: A 1.8 Mbps (1800 Kbps) for MLB.TV in SD or 3 Mbps (3000 Kbps) for MLB.TV in HD high speed broadband Internet connection is required. The MLB.TV Media Player supports both SD and HD quality streams adapted to your Internet connection. If you have a constant dedicated connection of 3 Mbps (3000 Kbps or above) you will receive our highest quality streams. If your bandwidth is between 1.8 and 3 Mbps (1800 Kbps and 3000 Kbps) you will receive Standard Definition streams. For more information, please click here.
- Updated Adobe Flash Player: The MLB.TV Media Player is built on the Adobe Flash Player. For better performance we recommend using the most current Adobe Flash Player.
- Adobe Flash Player Enabled: To view MLB.TV you must enable the Adobe Flash Player in your browser settings. Please click here for instructions.
- Cookies Enabled: This is the standard setting for all browsers. If cookies are disabled, you may encounter login errors and experience difficulties viewing certain content.
- Pop-up and Ad Blockers Disabled: Some applications, such as the MLB.TV Media Player and Gameday Audio, are launched in a separate pop-up window. You may not be able to launch these applications properly if you have a Pop-up or Ad Blocker enabled.
- Browser Plug-Ins and Downloads: To view recommend browser and plug-in downloads, click here.
- Note: If your computer is more than approximately three (3) years old, then you may experience technical difficulties when attempting to use MLB.TV.
Gameday Audio Requirements: Gameday Audio works on all browsers that support MLB.TV (see above). You must have a minimum Internet connection speed of 512 Kbps. We also recommend that you install the most current version of Adobe Flash Player, and enable or allow the Adobe Flash Player in your browser settings. For additional information, please see above or check our Gameday Audio FAQ page here.