Please review the information below about starting a new Challenger Baseball league or registering an existing league!
INTERESTED IN LAUNCHING A NEW LEAGUE IN YOUR AREA?
Incredible! Children and youth living with disabilities benefit dramatically from access to inclusive sport and recreation opportunities and there are too few available right now. By starting a new league, you can make a tremendous difference in your community and the Jays Care team will be there to help you every step of the way. It’s easy to become a Challenger Baseball League Coordinator:
- Join us for a virtual webinar
- Recruit some additional volunteers from your neighbourhood
- Find 10 or more athletes living with disabilities who want to play ball, and be part of a team
- Join us for a dynamic coach training
- Commit to at least 2 hours of baseball each week for 6 to 8 weeks
As a Challenger Baseball League Coordinator, we’ll send you:
- A League Coordinator Kit (comes with Coordinator shirt, 2022 Challenger Baseball Coaching manual, cutting edge communication resources proven to support athletes with complex disabilities, a Toronto Blue Jays Challenger Baseball League banner, and a calendar of key dates and opportunities available to all Challenger Baseball leagues and families this year)
- A specialized equipment kit,
- Blue Jays t-shirts and hats for your coaches and athletes,
- A best-in-class coaching manual, and
- We’ll be there to support you every step of the way. It’s really that easy!
ALREADY RUNNING A CHALLENGER BASEBALL LEAGUE?
Fantastic! You’ve been changing lives for ages and we can’t wait to work with you and learn from you. If you are planning to run your league in 2022, please take a few minutes to fill out our new Challenger Baseball League Coordinator registration form. By filling it out, you will gain access to:
- A 2022 League Coordinator Kit (comes with Coordinator shirt, 2022 Challenger Baseball Coaching manual, cutting edge communication resources proven to support athletes with complex disabilities, and a calendar of key dates and opportunities available to all Challenger Baseball leagues and families this year)
- Blue Jays t-shirts and hats for all athletes
- Specialized adaptive Blue Jays equipment kit to top up your existing kits
- Access to a sustainability grant of $35/per athlete regularly involved in the program
- Exclusive Blue Jays opportunities to celebrate athletes, Coaches and Buddies in your league
“It is the best volunteering experience you can get!"- Challenger Baseball Volunteer
“When I tell people about Challenger, I tell them nobody understands the impact this activity has on the families until your hands are involved and getting dirty with the players. Challenger makes possibly the biggest difference in the lives of these kids each week”- Challenger Baseball Coach
Who Are We
Jays Care Foundation's vision is to create a level playing field for all children and youth across Canada. We know that educators across Canada are facing many challenges this year and many children in your classrooms are stepping up to the plate with two strikes already against them. We use the power of sport and play to co-create reliable programming for children and youth who are most often left out. Our programs cater to self-identified girls, youth with disabilities, Indigenous youth, and youth facing poverty.