Nominate Girls Who Need It: A Virtual Leadership Program at the Right Time
Nominations are now being accepted for several of our upcoming L.I.T. Girls program cohorts. As a partner of Jays Care, you can nominate up to 5 self-identified girls (aged 13-15) for an exceptional virtual leadership program!
L.I.T. Girls is a FREE 5-week virtual leadership experience that has proven to be instrumental in helping youth connect with new peers and inspiring role models, explore new opportunities and possibilities, and enhance their confidence and vision for their future.
Who is an ideal candidate for the L.I.T. Girls program?
Self-identified girls aged 13-15 who have demonstrated:
- A desire to help their community or school;
- An interest in a journey of self-discovery;
- The ability to be a positive role model for their peers; and/or
- The potential to be a leader and change-maker in the future (even if she doesn’t recognize it in herself yet).
When will the program take place?
- Winter Program: Begins in February and runs until March.
- Spring Program: Begins in April and runs until May.
*L.I.T. Girls programming runs after-school for 1.5 hours once every week for 5 weeks.
How does the program work?
Nominations are reviewed by Jays Care, and if selected, nominees are invited to formally accept their spot in an upcoming cohort (through a quick online acceptance form process). They then gain access to a 5-week virtual leadership experience (1.5 hours per week) where they:
- Receive a specialized Blue Jays L.I.T. Girls Leadership kit (filled with all of the tools and supplies they need for the program);
- Meet other phenomenal young girls;
- Participate in a series of dynamic and fun self-exploration and leadership activities facilitated by Jays Care staff;
- Meet and learn from incredible female role models from across the country; and
- Get publicly celebrated on Jays Care’s social media accounts;
Upon completing the program, girls receive a Certificate of Achievement, a Graduation Package and access to exclusive Jays Care events throughout the year.