Globe iconLogin iconRecap iconSearch iconTickets icon

Get a behind-the-scenes look at some of the weirdest artifacts in the Baseball Hall of Fame

The guys behind Cespedes Family BBQ have embarked on a cross-country road trip to see as many Top-100 MLB prospects as possible. You can find an introduction to the trip and the full schedule by clicking here, and a recap of their travels to date right here
There are a lot of reasons to visit the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y.: The drive through the mountains into the village relaxes the soul, there's a bunch of cool-looking plaques of good baseball players and the gift shop could consume baseball dorks like us for hours.
Perhaps the most underrated aspect of the Hall of Fame, though, is its insane collection of baseball memorabilia. And while the museum features plenty of trinkets and tchotchkes from throughout the long history of the sport, it turns out that only 10% of the Hall's collection of artifacts is actually on display. The other 90% exists in the depths of the Hall's lower levels, carefully catalogued and organized in every way imaginable. This other 90% intrigued us immensely.
So, before we arrived, we asked our friends at the Hall to pick out some of the most bizarre, hilarious, and insane pieces of memorabilia they could find. John Odell, the Hall of Fame's curator of history and research and owner of the low-key dopest job title in America, answered our call for the outlandish and came through with some pretty bonkers stuff -- including a razor blade used by Cy Young and a prosthetic hand designed just for baseball. You can check them all out in the clip above.