MLB Jr. Home Run Derby allows participants to swing for the fences in a fun and free competition that allows hitters the opportunity to advance through three levels of competition culminating at the 2022 All-Star Game in Los Angeles.
Jr. HRD™ is FREE for participants and hosting organizations. Athletes get 25 swings or 3 minutes to hit as many home runs as possible. Winners may get a chance to attend a Regional Qualifier, and then an all-expenses paid trip for two to the National Finals held during MLB All-Star Week.
Baseball: 12U & 14U
Softball: 14U & 16U
Approved local operators will receive digital tools that include marketing assets and an event handbook.
Local Events: April 1 to June 12, 2022*
Any athlete who wins their local event will have a chance to advance and attend one of these regional sites.
Regional Qualifiers: June 13 to July 10
National Finals: July 15-19 (MLB All-Star Week)
*These are the dates to qualify for a Regional Qualifiers in 2022. You can host events throughout the year, but if they take place after June 12, your winners will be put into the pool to qualify for the Regional Qualifiers/National Finals in 2023.
- June 16 - Gwinnett Stripers – Gwinnett, GA.
- June 22- Reds Youth Academy – Cincinnati, OH.
- June 25 - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers – Kannapolis, NC.
- June 26 - Rangers Youth Academy – Dallas, TX.
- June 29 - Compton Youth Academy – Compton, CA.
- July 1 - Wilmington Blue Rocks – Wilmington, DE.
- July 2 – Kansas City Youth Academy - Kansas City, MO.
- July 6 - University of Washington – Seattle, WA.
Any athlete who wins their local event will have a chance to advance and attend one of these regional sites. Winners of Regional Finals get an all-expenses paid trip for them and a guardian to the National Finals, which will take place in Los Angeles during MLB All-Star Week.